Dodge 41,918
Gmc 27,616

1 Ton
Ford 49,698
Dodge 35,665
Chevy 19,573
Gmc 8,007

Enjoy,

Warming to those that may display a sense of humor.
Please don't post a picture that could possibly contain a questionable word that many have used on this forum in order to make fun of a pickup manufacturer. It will result in deleting the whole thread rather then just the picture.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
GM out sold Ford in the 3/4 ton market. But GM is far from being loved in the 1 ton market.

Now I just wish I could fine the 1 Ton SRW sales vs DRW sales. I believe Dodge would lead the DRW sales.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Matt, as I have said before. I like GM trucks and cars cause working for GM dealers for 47 years I feel they make a good product. I really dont care what other people buy...its their money and they like what they like. As far as I am concerned, the big 3 all make a good truck. I wonder how GM trucks sales will do with the ALL NEW trucks for 2014.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I love this type of thread?? No point.
I agree.

Montana was the "best selling 5th wheel in it's class", when we bought our last rig. That was their whole sales pitch.

Conclusion; we bought a Bighorn because it was better. Trace

Last edited:

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
There is no point other I saw a few people wondering what the 3/4 & 1 ton sales where in the other thread. I happen to see these numbers pop up on the Diesel Mag site. So posted them. Honestly I always believed that GM out sold when you combined Chevy and Gmc.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
GM out sold Ford in the 3/4 ton market. But GM is far from being loved in the 1 ton market.

Now I just wish I could fine the 1 Ton SRW sales vs DRW sales. I believe Dodge would lead the DRW sales.

Why are GM 1 Ton trucks "far from being loved"

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Why are GM 1 Ton trucks "far from being loved"

I wonder if it is styling and appointments inside? As a female, I liked the looks of the Dodge and Ford more than the Chevy and GMC. We look at the newest models side-by-side every year in October at the Auto Show at the State Fair of Texas. You can sit in them and nit-pick without salespeople hounding you. In the truck area, usually outside, they have nearly every model and trim level represented. All have their sticker prices prominently displayed, as well, and free brochures to pick up.

rgwilliams69

That comparison at the State Fair of Texas sounds pretty cool. We don't have that at the State Fair of Illinois unfortunately. Have to go the the dealers and get bugged by the salespeople even if you just want to check one out.

MCTalley

A few comments I have on HD trucks. These are all just my opinion.

Best looking new (2013/14) HD trucks are the Rams. I love my Ford, but I never warmed up to the '08 and up front-ends, nor the '11 and up round dually fender extensions.

I never liked the newer GM HD trucks, especially the DRWs, after the 06's/early 07's. To me, the tires always looked too tiny for the truck, especially 4x4s. Walked by a parked on the other day and figured out why - stock tires are 215/85s.

I really liked the '05-'07 Ford front-ends the most. The '99-'04's run a close second.

As for DRW vs SRW, I did notice when in Texas that the Rams are very prevalent. Move to a different area and you'll see more Fords or GMs. I think its a matter of location/preference.

crmfghtr

I like my 2012 Ram 3500 DRW. I decided to purchase the 2012, due to the DEF that was going to be required in the 2013 Ram model. I personally didn't want the added expense of the DEF in the Ford or GM trucks. I owned a 2008 SRW Ram which almost caused me to go to GM or Ford. I also like the fact that RAM molded the entire rear fender on the Ram and it looks good. My 2 cents...

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
When in Elkhart, I've noticed that most of the RV transporters drive Dodges. Just an observation...

Love my Ram!

Mavick

I just purchased a 2007 Ford F 550 DRW to pull my 2013 heartland road warrior 415 I get it next week. The
truck is like new with 30000 miles on it. I bullet proofed the motor and changed head gasket bolts even though it had no problems. I hope it's the right truck for my fith wheel. This is my first rv and I'm a little bit intimidated. I'm taking it to Florida to put the lipart self leveling sytem on it,but it will be a few months before I can get it down there. If any one has tips on leveling my unit, I would love to hear from you. Matt. skibo2412@yahoo.com. I'm a litte worried as I'm a disabled
vet how hard it wil be

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Interesting. Ford and Dodge owners just seem to keep trying to convince themselves their trucks are worth a **** :)

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I just purchased a 2007 Ford F 550 DRW. I bullet proofed the motor and changed head gasket bolts even though it had no problems.

I am familiar with the term Bullet Proofed and I am interested in what all you had done. EGR Valve & Cooler, oil cooler, etc... ?? I have been planning on having a Bullet Proof EGR Valve and Cooler along with an Oil Cooler installed in my 06 F250.. I know some that have done a EGR Delete. A friend suggested not to do that because if I went to sell my truck and they knew about the delete I would have to put it back. If I kept the truck and in a few years they started checking for the Delete I would have to have it replaced before being inspected..

BC

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
Interesting. Ford and Dodge owners just seem to keep trying to convince themselves their trucks are worth a **** :)

Don't get me wrong, I like GMC. But I hate their interior. It's not up to par with Dodge and Ford these days ( maybe the 14', I haven't even seen them yet). My wife's 11' Tahoe squeaks and rattles too much inside. We bought it new so we know the history of it. It hasn't even broke 40k miles. Lastly there is no place for IFS on a light duty 4x4 diesel. My best friends d-max has been in my drive way twice for me to rebuild his front end. 130k highways dont play well with GM's 4x4 IFS. With that being said Dodge needs to rethink the front AAM axle. As the lower ball joints are smaller then what is found in a Dana 44. Nobody can compete with the quality and strength of the ford front axle.

Last edited:

Mavick

I ordered the complete bullet proof kit with EGR oil cooler. I also ordered new head gasket and bolts as there have been problems with those also. I'm not sure but I think it came out to $ 2000. I gave a buddy of mine $ 1000 and a lot of cases of beer to put it on. I didn't delete the EGR as I have heard of problems doing that. I had no problems with the truck, before doing it and my buddy who put it on tried to talk me out of it. He was a ford diesel mechanic and said not all had those problems. I haven't really noticed that the truck is running cool either, like I said no problems before. Good luck

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
I don't believe there is a EGR oil cooler for the 6.0. Not even sure what that is. But the EGR cooler would use coolant to cool the exhaust gas before reintroducing it at the intake. The cooler on the 6.0 where thin. Over time from corrosion, temp cycles, and the pressure would cause them to rupture. Most people did not find out it rupture until they tried to start the engine. A cylinder or two would fill with coolant causing a hydro lock. Try to start it and end up bending a rod.

So I suppose you ordered an aftermarket EGR Cooler and ARP Stud for the head rather then bolts. Not sure where you have heard an EGR delete causes issues. Your engine can only benefit from deleting it. It will run cooler, more efficient, and the lube will stay cleaner. But you are on the right track to make the 6.0 a great engine. If your buddy that is going to pull the heads also understands the coolant issue with the 6.0 heads. He will know where to drill and tap the back of the heads to add a coolant return line off of each head. This will relieve the coolant pressure that use to pop the gaskets.