Adding valves to my hydraulic slides BC 3250 TS

pstacey

Our new unit does not have any way to choose which slides will slide. One switch does em all ! Some campgrounds are not wide enough for slides on both sides. How can I add hydraulic controle valves to stop an individual slide from sliding ?
Has anyone done this ?
Also be very useful if there was a leak.
Peter

jimtoo

Hi Peter,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure individual slide operation could be done, but it would require a lot of work. Hopefully someone will jump in a give a little better information soon.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

caissiel

Done it 2 weeks after buying our unit. Installed hydraulic ball shutoffs for each slide. I do have the write up in the BC Modification section in 2009/2010 dates. The valves are 1/2" 3500psi ball valves. Each located on the return line. Had to add additional hoses for individual returns only. No changes to the rear of cylinder hoses. Used no 4 hydraulic hoses. At least I think it could also be no3 as per existing hose sizes.
With 4valves and 2 additional hoses it took about 2 hrs to install. All the connections are close to the frame.
Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk 2

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Don't you have a control in the Hydraulic/Battery compartment. Not sure all will have one but I am thinking they should.

Here is what mine looks like... Close off the valve for the slide you don't want to move out....
DSC_0002M3.jpg

BC