Satellite for road warrior 415

Mavick

I just purchased the Road warrior 415, it gets delivered next week. I want to use
direct tv satilite with it. My question is this, can I use one of those auto ttracking dishes
that you place out side of the rv with the swm system, where I don't have to mess around
And just use existing wire. First Rv and I want to do it right. 2013 road warrior 415 2007
Ford F550. Help

jimtoo

Hi Mavick,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

You should be able to use the dish without any problems. In the UDC there should be connector for input from satellite dish. When you go for delivery do a very good PDI.. make sure everything works and you can work everything.

Jim M

danemayer

can I use one of those auto ttracking dishes that you place out side of the rv with the swm system
Mavick,

I assume when you say "swm system" you're talking about your receiver(s) either being swm only, or having swm capability. The coach satellite wiring doesn't care whether you use swm or multiswitch. But you'll need to determine the compatibility of the dish you're looking at, with the receiver(s) you have. Some carryout auto-aiming dishes work with swm only receivers like the H25. You may need the swm 8-way splitter and could also need the power inserter, depending on the dish.

Be aware that the carryout auto-aiming dishes that work with Directv support it in standard definition only. If you want HD, you'll have to get either a manual-aiming slimline 3 or 5 or comparable dish, or a rooftop auto-aiming dish that supports Directv in HD. The rooftop HD dishes are quite a bit more expensive.

As to the coach, I'm not sure how many satellite connections you'll find inside. Perhaps another Road Warrior owner can comment on where the satellite connections are in a 415.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
We have the Winegard 1518 model carry out. I did install it on the ladder with their mount. No HD but we dont really care, we are camping for petes sake. Its a simple setup. Put 12V to it until it finds the satellite and disconect the 12V. It will support 2 receivers.