More power

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
OK guys, all I what is to have the same power in my 05 D/A as the 06. Is there a chip out there that will give me that without lifting the heads off the block.:confused:

Pulltab

The Edge with Attitude programmer would work great with your Duramax. I had one in my medium duty kodiak with duramax. It has 5 levels but level one was all I ever needed. It adds 40hp and 100 Ftlb of torque. Corrects a lot of the hunting the transmission will do on some hills also. They run about $800. It also improved our milage by about 1-2 mpg

jpmorgan37

I had the Edge Juice on my 04 GMC D/A and ran it on level 2 when towing and level one when not. That gave me all the power I ever needed. It didn't have the EGT or Boost readings that the Attitude gives, but it was also less expensive. Couple that with a good air intake and four in exhaust, you can light up the tires. Take a look at this forum: [SIZE=-1]http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/index.php. Some of those guys have dually's turning fantastic 1/4 mile times. Lot's of ideas for making power.[/SIZE]

John

sidney dreyfus

more power

I purchased the superchips product. I haven't used it yet while towing our 3670rl so I can't vouch for it yet while towing. I can say it did improve the power of the truck when not towing in the performance mode.

Sid Dreyfus
05 Dodge ram 3500 dually, 4.1, 5.9 liter diesel
08 3670rl

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Bob,
I too have recently purchased a Superchips tuner off of Ebay. I immediately did an online update from Superchips to aquire any additional updates that this tuner may or may not of had.

I also have been impressed with the performance tune when not pulling my coach. I have tried the tow mode but have only pulled it short distances (15+ miles one way) so I cannot vouch for the perfomance aspect when towing. So far I really like it but as with all cool toys, the more money you spend the better the toys. I would prefer the Edge product but will have to wait. Now that I got a little more power to play with I WANT MORE!!!!!:)

Good luck,

Mark

fishn2dmax

I have the Edge with the attitude controller on my Duramax. In level 1, it actually improves my mileage by an additional 2 MPG. I have documented this over numerous trips with the edge on and off. On level #2 the power increase is very noticable, mileage remains same as stock. I HIGHLY recommend having EGT guage ( or the attitude monitor) when towing! When the EGT's hit 1350 degrees you need to back off or you run the risk of damage! Level 3-5 is not for towing, but to have a little fun with. The first time you use Level 5 it will soil your shorts and then give you a grin that will take days to wipe off your face.:D