Where do you hang your towels?

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
I may be wrong, but I believe that quite a few floor plans have the same bathroom as the 3670RL? so posting my question in general ;)

We haven't gone out and bought the towel bars and bathroom accessories yet,,, we want to buy the Right things and only place them once, plus finding the oil rubbed bronze fixtures just isnt that easy when we live in the middle of nowhere right now. That being said,,, I am wondering if any of you have pictures or ideas of the ideal place to hang towels in the bathroom?? Figured I would draw on some great experience from this forum,,, thanks in advance,,, Elizabeth,,, Oldlthrnecksgirl

Oh, ps, I would like to be able to hang three towels, one for Himself and two for me with my long hair!! ~could sacrifice and only use one~

madigand

We put a oak towel bar below the shelf over the toilet. I holds 2 towels. We also put a oak ring type towel holder on the angled wall (between the 2 doors) to hold a hand towel and wash rag. We used all oak (towel holders and tp holder) to match the cabinets.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
We went to Bed Bath & Beyond and got one that will hang on the inside of the bath room door, holds three towels. My DW hung it on the door then put 4 very very small pieces of Velcro on it so it would finish holding in place and not move or scrap the door. It was approx. $20.00 and had a 20% off coupon. Works very well for us and actually looks like it belongs there........Ken

v92c

Texan
We have an over the door type coat hooks that holds three towels, but instead of putting it over the door, I put it over the shower wall. And using sheet metal screws, I snugged it against the shower's aluminum wall. That way it doesnt rattled around. Works pretty well so I added a second rack for ball caps.

Tony

dglatta

We put a couple of hook-type towel holders over the bathroom door and hung a collapsed tension bar shower rod from them. The rubber ends of the tension bar keep it in place so it doesn't catch in the door.

Princess Kathleen

The Luv Shak came with bars on the laundry door(2) and potty door(2). I added the hooks that has sticky on the back on the side of the medicine cabinet (1) and (4) in the laundry closet to hang robes and flannel shirts. I also bought a vertical toliet paper holder now the toliet paper does not come unrolled while traveling.
PK

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
madigand said:
We put a oak towel bar below the shelf over the toilet. I holds 2 towels. We also put a oak ring type towel holder on the angled wall (between the 2 doors) to hold a hand towel and wash rag. We used all oak (towel holders and tp holder) to match the cabinets.
Ive been pondering between the oak and the bronze. I was wondering about a towel rack below the shelf above the toilet,,, glad to see someone has tried it and is happy with it!

jrlebaron

We bought the oil brush bronze at home depot. Included was one towel bar, one ring and toilet paper holder, cost thirty dollars. We bought two. The towel bar I had to shorten about a 1/4 inch to fit behind the toilet. The two rings we hung on the slanted wall one above the other. The style of the toilet paper holder allowed me to install them in the shower on the wall above the stall and hang our wash clothes. I have one towel bar left. I mounted the bar only behind the kitchen sink with silicon to help eliminate water run off. We also bought a free standing toilet paper holder at a local department store. Hope this helps. Jim

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
jrlebaron said:
We bought the oil brush bronze at home depot. Included was one towel bar, one ring and toilet paper holder, cost thirty dollars. We bought two. The towel bar I had to shorten about a 1/4 inch to fit behind the toilet. The two rings we hung on the slanted wall one above the other. The style of the toilet paper holder allowed me to install them in the shower on the wall above the stall and hang our wash clothes. I have one towel bar left. I mounted the bar only behind the kitchen sink with silicon to help eliminate water run off. We also bought a free standing toilet paper holder at a local department store. Hope this helps. Jim
Wow, sure did! Thanks

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
Thanks for all the brilliant ideas,,, I love having this forum as a way to pick the brains of those more seasoned (which is almost Everyone) than I am,,, Elizabeth :D

billd

I have an 07 3670rl. I got a towel rack that goes over the bathroom door that holds 3 towels. It is screwed in at the top, and rubber pads at the bottom to protect the door.

Bill

jimtoo

We have a 3055 and on the inside of the pot room door I mounted two towel holders from Walmart. I mounted one up high and the other middle ways. Wooden ends and wooden rod. I cut the rod to fit the width of the door and the color even matched the door really close. I think you have the same door on the isle side and could mount them on the inside of the bathroom.

ChopperBill

Interesting that we came home from a camping trip to this post. Our glass shower door HAD a towel bar attached to the glass. I said HAD because someones wife (guess who's) stumbled into the door and smashed it to smithereens! Had to go to town and get some plastic and duct tape it to make a temporary door. I could see that the built in towel bar was going to problem. Will just get a plain glass insert and use some of you ideas on a towel bar.

ChopperBill

Just found out something new to me. They don't cut shower doors at the glass shop. They have to be ordered to size and then they are tempered. The tempering is after they cut holes in for towel racks, pull handles or any thing else. I asked if cutting holes would ruin the integrity of the door and was told no. So I am going to have the towel bar re-installed. So if you want a neat place for your towel you could have one installed in a new glass for your door. I was surprised mine will only be about $105 total.

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
Bill, our shower door does have a towel bar installed, it just won't accomodate three towels. Tempered glass is funny stuff. I find it is far more durable than untempered, certainly a lot safer to have installed in your shower,, but once in a while, once in a Great while, you can hit it just the right way and you have four billion pieces lying on your floor. Good luck with the new door,,, Lizzy

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Our Lanmark has towel hangers built into the outside of the stool room door and the washer closet door but my wife is very particular and did not want to chance fingernails scratching the front of the doors bought racks at Wal-mart that hang over the top of the doors and we hang the towels on the inside of the doors.

Don

Mels Musty Music

We also had a towel bar attached to our shower door until last Monday night. When opening the door it just exploded and Lizzy you are correct in your estimate of the number of pieces that end up on the floor and even on the bed. Took a while to clean everything up.

Bill - Did the temporary plastic fix too but was hoping I could get a replacement from the factory shipped to us during our travels. So far an e-mail and a voice message have brought no response. The local BH dealer here (Pahrump, NV) hasn't been able to get an answer either.
Did you try to get a factory replacement or did you go directly to the glass shop instead? Was the glass shop able to match the original glass or is the new door different? I would appreciate any advice you could give me. Thanks
Hank

5erWonk

My DW had a towel rack that hangs from the top of a closet door and has three bars on it....She decided to move it into the BH so she took it form her bedroom closet and put in MY garage until we brought the rig from storage.....Great idea, but she never told me so I took it out of MY garage and to the dumpster....Well she sent me to Bed Bath and Beyond to by another for $14.95 and it work great on the inside of the pot door.:eek:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Bill, and Bob, are you guys sure that the woman that is in you BH's is not the "oven lady" that was in mine?? Cause she fills MY garage with stuff too AND then I get in trouble if it disappears. Bob, you need to explain the "pot" door:confused:. This a family show. Bob, Pat (the oven lady), and the:eek:cat

lamontagne

Towel bars

We found oir rub bronz at Wall Mart for the back of the toilet room door and next to the sink, they match perfectley

Arthur and Cindy
Henderson, NV