Trailair Ride

We have been working with Trailair because we feel there is too much jerking while towing our Grand Canyon. We tow with a 2001 Chevy 3500, Crewcab, longbed with a Reese 20K hitch. Does anyone else have a problem like this?

Cheryl

If you post this under the towing thread, you might get more of a response. We have a new Reese 20K and didn't have any jerking. We bought it Wednesday for our Thursday departure after the first one we bought turned out to be defective. It wouldn't close over the pin.

jbeletti

Hi David and Barbara,

I moved this thread for you (thanks Cheryl).

I have some bad chucking or porpoising (push-pull) when I tow on concrete with cuts (expansion joints) in the roadway that are close together.

Same on asphalt that has repair lines across the roadway. On most US interstates, I am good and on many US highways that are asphalt, I am also good.

I have the TrailAir pinbox, MORyde suspension and the Drawtite (Reese) 15K Pro hitch.

Not sure that one can really eliminate these roadway induced actions. Please keep us informed as to what you learn from TrailAir. From what I have read, they're a great company to work with. If your issue really is the pin box, I trust they'll take care of you on it.

Jim

Last edited:
TrailAir Ride

Jim,

Thanks for your reply. Since I have always towed travel trailers until now, I really did not know what to expect. We were told that the ride would be much better with a fiver in the tow vehicle. TrailAir has really gone over and above. They even want us to come to the factory to try a new prototype. Since we are having some issues with the LCI jacks, we are going to do both at the same time. I'll let you know how it goes.

Dave

Tom of Ypsi

I have the same problem but attributed it to the great Michigan roads. I know on my last trailer (Titanium) I had very little but I did have it at times. There is one stretch of I-94 by my house that will bounce you around even without a trailer and I take that all of the time. Let us know what you find out.

driver311

;) I have pulled several Landmarks with this hitch. Different models and different lengths all ride and pull different. Some have a little more front and back jerk than others. I have a 04 Dodge 4 door and short bed, with a Super Glide.:rolleyes:

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Driver311

How do you pull these units with the Superglide without drilling holes for the plate that is used for the Superglide to lock in the hitch to the pin?

jbeletti

Hi cbMidland,

Driver311 will give you the real answer but I have the quick answer. When I met him at the Landmark factory when he was picking up a unit, he strapped a plate on under the king pin mount on the trailer. That plate then mates with the hitch plate. Not sure if the plate comes with the Superglide or if he fabricated it. That hitch, while expensive is really cool for shortbeds, the way it automatically glides back when it hits a certain rotation point.

Jim

driver311

:rolleyes: I have angels welded to the sides of the plate and use fillers on different kinds of hitches. It is working great, i have been using it for a couple of years. Not all trailers are made with the cut off corners like landmark. :)

BluegrassMan

Angels

Hi 311:

Didn't they scream like crazy when you welded them ? How did you keep their wings out of the way. Ha-Ha.

I know what you meant, just having some fun ;)