Intermittent Turn Signals

jpmorgan37

We had been parked for two months and got ready to hit the road, hooked up and as always, checked my lights. They were all okay. Sue follows me in her car and some hours later, told me that my right turn signal/brake light wasn't working. I wiggled the plug and it was okay, temporarily. Later, it stopped again so this time I sprayed both the connector and the plug with WD-40. End of problem, so when your RV is sitting for a period of time, corrosion can set in and cause lighting problems. It's a good idea to periodically give your plug and receiver a shot of WD-40 and when you are winterizing also. Some folks will put a baggie over the plug before storing too.

John

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
jpmorgan37 said:
We had been parked for two months and got ready to hit the road, hooked up and as always, checked my lights. They were all okay. Sue follows me in her car and some hours later, told me that my right turn signal/brake light wasn't working. I wiggled the plug and it was okay, temporarily. Later, it stopped again so this time I sprayed both the connector and the plug with WD-40. End of problem, so when your RV is sitting for a period of time, corrosion can set in and cause lighting problems. It's a good idea to periodically give your plug and receiver a shot of WD-40 and when you are winterizing also. Some folks will put a baggie over the plug before storing too.

John
JP now that there clean and working, follow up with some dielectric grease and use it on the taillight bulb sockets, etc.....Ken