Loose connections

jrlebaron

Not sure if anyone else has had this problem or not but I've found almost everyone of my water and drain connections loose. After finding the first leak I checked all water and drain connections that I could get to. Now the problem. I have another leak that i'm not sure how to get to. It's the water line that feed the black water tank rinse connection. It's some where in the wall but i'm not sure how to get to it. I anyone can offer some suggestions I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance. Jim

Pulltab

What model do you have? The line to the black tank is all contained under the coach, at least once it goes under the belly from the docking station. Of course I am speaking from our unit but I feel your's will be the same. The line just runs up to the one end of the tank. You may be able to drop just the one side of the belly cover on the door side. If you have a 3055 I am guessing the the black tank is probably pretty close to being in line with your door steps. Pretty much in line with the toilet or just a little to the rear. Be sure to check the lines on the back of the water heater. Those will leak and go straight to the belly and be retained by the belly cover.

svd

I had this same problem with our unit. There is a vacuum breaker valve that was located behind the mirror doors, on the right side. I had to remove part of the closet paneling on the right side to expose the valve. All I found was loose connections, tightened them up and all was fine. We noticed water just inside the door everytime I used the black tank flush that led us to this problem.

jrlebaron

Thanks for the replies. I found on my 3670rl there's a check valve about four foot up inside the bathroom partion wall. The valve was bad and leaking. Since there is no access panel the bathroom panelling has to be removed to get to the valve. I can't figure why heartland would put a water connection so far inside a wall with no easy access. Anyway that problem is fixed now. The water leak also created another problem. The water ran down onto the converter shorted that out had to have the converter replaced. Jim

Pulltab

Jim, just a thought. Can you cut that line and reconnect it closer to the tank to eliminate the long line or perhaps just reroute it more direct? I believe on my unit the line goes up into the wall and then right back down. Don't know if the reason for that is to keep water from back flowing or not but the check valve should do that. If you can cut that line before it goes into the wall (both lines actually) pull that piece out of the wall (don't think it is attached to anything) you could cut out the check valve and reinstall it closer to where you can access it.

jpmorgan37

Jim and Pulltab;

There should be a vacuum breaker as well as the check valve in the line behind the closet wall. I wouldn't recommend cutting the line. JMHO.

John

Pulltab

AHhh, now the vacum breaker I did not think about or realize it had one on it. That explains why it runs up the wall where you can not see it. Thanks for pointing that out John. :) In that case cutting the line is a bad idea! Shame it's in such a difficult to access place though.

jrlebaron

What's a vaccumn breaker and what purpose does it serve? I was thinking about doing what pulltab said now i'm wondering. I'm kinda new at this and still in the learning stages. Jim

Pulltab

Jim, a vaccumn breaker is a valve type device that prevents siphoning of contaminated fluid into fresh water sources. So it prevents the line from drawing from the black tank into the fresh water hose when you turn it off. I don't know why I didn't think about that, sorry. Now having said that, you could still cut the lines and pull them out and place where it is accessable. You could then fix the loose connection and have access to it in the future. You can buy couplings for the pex line to couple them back together. They work real nice and are leak free.