Fresh Water Tank Fill - only 10 gallons?

Garry & Bev

travel bug
We are back from our "dry" run camping trip to ensure all is working properly before we head out to the coast and then down south this winter sometime. All went well while we were hooked up to full service, but when we tried dry docking we found there is a problem with our water tank. We can only fill it to about 10 gallons and then it backs up.There seems to be a restriction somewhere. Checked out a few things and couldn't see where the problem was so I guess we have to go back to the dealer. Other then that the rv is great and we won't let the problem hinder our enjoyment.

Pulltab

Bev, a common problem is the fill tube lays on the bottom of the chassis and then the water has to travel uphill to fill the tank. It creates an air lock in the line. 2 things you can do. The best is to get into the bottom and tie the fill hose up to the bottom of the floor, unfortunately this is involved. The second I saw that someone took a hose and cut the end off and shoved it all the way into the tank and then connected the other end to the hose and then filled. I think they just left the hose stuck in there. It might take some tinkering with to get the hose to make it to the tank but once you do it should work fine. If you can't get it all the way to the tank shove it as far as you can and then try filling the tank. The unfortunate thing with the tank is it may not be tilted to allow the entire tank of water to be used. Anyway this is most likely your issues. :)

cwrigg

My 3055 is about four months old. The tank does seem to resist filling up. What worked for me, was simpley holding the nozzle of the hose firmly against the filler hole, and basically forcing water down the filler tube. I am not using a great deal of water pressure in doing this.

This happens early in the filling process, and doesn't take more than a few seconds before what appears to be an air bubble gives way. Evidence of this is a rush of air out of the air vent of filler system. I usually get a few seconds of back surge of water out of the tube, and the tank fills up very nicely to fulll capicity.

A little wet, but it works, for me anyway. Again, I am carefull about of the amount of pressure so as not to blow any pipes.