Home made air bag leveler-Report card

ChopperBill

A+! Just got home from a 9 day boon docking trip. Drove over the bags and filled until level was close enough. Took a little over a tank from my portable air compressor. The next day I felt that the bed was little down hill on the head board side. Funny thing is there are no two points in the trailer that has the same level so its kind of a guessing game. Went out and pumped the bags up until they were nice and plump. The whole 9 days saw no leaks, blow outs or any other major catastrophe. No bounce in the rig, but I did put a little more pressure on the electric stabilizers and it was better than any other time I have set up. I came to two conclusions. One is I purchased my valve stems from an auto supply store and they are made for custom wheels. They are slow to release air so I just removed the schrader valve to let them down. The next time I would go to a good tire shop and get stems for truck tires. The other conclusion is if you are SURE you only would need one Lynx block it would probably be easier just too throw those down. But for touching up your level you cant beat those air bags!

Uncle Rog

I have not been able to find the red discharge hose only the blue. I might have to go to the net to find some......