Removing a couch

mobilcastle

We have a leather couch in our unit that opens into bed and my DW want to remove it (a happy wife is a happy life!). It is fairly heavy-do they come apart to make it easier to remove and has anyone removed one?:confused:
Thanks for your info, Steve
Couch RV 001.JPG

MTPockets

We removed ours and replaced with a couple Lazyboy wall hugger recliners. It is a bit heavy, but I stood it up on it's end, then slid it along the floor to the doorway. I stepped outside while my wife pushed it the rest of the way to the door. I pushed the steps in out of the way then slid it out and while one end rested on the door sill, I pulled it slowly off the edge and slid it down to the ground. Put it on a dolly and rolled it to the curb with a for sale sign on it - sold in less than thirty minutes.....

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Try lifting the back off. It may be removable. Both sides at the same time (2 person job). If it's not, MTPockets has the next best option.

jjriker

We removed ours, and did take the back off to make it a little more manageable. Harry and I carried it out just the two of us, so it wasn't too bad.