Thanks to Heartland Customer Service

mmomega

AnyTimer
Well what could have started off as a bad thing ended up all good thanks to Heartland.

Long story (somewhat) short, we have had problems with the shower door in our Key Largo. I have the mega shower with the 3 glass slides.

After our first few trips we would notice that the latching hook would not hold the doors latched while traveling (and it's not my driving :p) so after taking it back to the dealer we were told the latch just worked itself loose and everything would be fine, I did the walk around with the service manager to note other things that needed to be fixed and I left.

When I returned to pick up the trailer I stepped inside to find an entire glass slide was shattered in the shower and on the floor. The **NEW service manager said it was my fault and disregarded that I did a walk through with the previous manager to show him the show latch problem and basically told me to run down to WalMart and get a shower curtain since I was leaving on a trip the next day. After quite a bit of arguing the head manager of the dealership showed up and had his guys take the door out of another Key Largo on the lot and switch it out. A pain but it got fixed. I never found out how it broke at the dealer unless when they were moving it with the forklift ? I don't know.

We then started placing a pillow over the door rails on the floor and a soft padded shower mat on the opposite side just in case the latch failed again. This worked after 4 or 5 trips and the latch failed every time, thankfully the pillows saved the doors from sliding forward too hard. This time after returning home to unload I noticed 2 shattered glass panes with the latch laying on the floor behind the toilet. Somehow even with the pillows there, the panes broke.
Dealership said those latches don't just come lose and I must have done something to modify it for it to fail, which I didn't modify it, I just want it to work, I asked them prior to this to get the latching system from the San Antonio shower and install it and I would pay for it, they said no.

Well Heartland stepped in this time and completely replaced the entire door and had the dealer install a newly designed shower handle that apparently had been out for a while. We took delivery of our Key Largo in Feb '11 and it looks like the latch was changed very shortly after the Key Largo came out.

So... even after me just telling the dealer to order a new shower door and I would pay for it out of pocket I found out that Heartland covered everything for me.

Thank You Heartland. You're making sure that the next RV I buy stays in the Heartland family.