Need help on more power/brake for F350

Hubby & I LOVE this forum! Lots of info & the way you help each other is really great! We're shopping for our 1st 5th wheel & absolutely love the Big Horn 3100RL.

Hubby is thinking about increasing the horsepower on his F350 diesel, going with the Banks system.

Has anyone installed Banks bigger exhaust, air intake, 6 gun tuner & exhaust brake? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

egnors

What engine is in the F350? 6.0 or 7.3? I guess the 7.3 since you're looking at the exhaust brake, they're not recommended on the 6.0 trucks because of the VGT. I have a 6.0, so I know what I want to get for that, an SCT programmed by Spartan Diesel, Elite Diesel or Innovative Diesel(haven't made up my mind who yet). Add a free flow exhaust and guages to be safe. Or maybe the SCT Livewire and exhaust.

For the 7.3, I did a quick run through on thedieselgarage.com and thedieselstop.com to see what people there run the most, and it looks like DP Tuner, with some trans upgrades to handle the extra power from the programmer, and maybe replace the stock trans cooler with the 6.0 trans cooler. Also add guages, a new air intake and exhaust. You might want to search around more on those sites, as well as ford-trucks.com and powerstroke.org, to get as many real-world-results info as you can before you make your decision.

Some tuners do a real good job of tweaking the engine, but do nothing for the trans, and that is NOT GOOD, especially for towing while chipped or programmed.

pvandy03

Banks brake

I have a 2001 F-250 and just got our 3055rl. I've had the Banks brake installed for several years and have found it to work very well. I have the 7.3 powerstroke.

Good luck.

Thanks for your reply & for the websites. He has a 6.0 & just installed the Banks 4" stainless Monster Exhaust & Banks Ram-Air Intake. He's very pleased with the results.

He learned that at this time Banks does not make an exhaust brake. They're soon coming out with a programmable one.

Thanks, again!