iPhone to Droid

mobilcastle

I had an iPhone that I bout about 2 years ago. I sold it for more than I paid on Ebay and I picked up a cheap Samsung droid that works well (smartphone). What droids do you like as I am not going back to an iPhone-I think the plans cost to much and if you buy the iPhone outright they way to high. Samsung seems to have my attention-what do you like?. Thanks for your info. I am going to be looking for a fairly high end-up to $399. I am not knocking iPhone here-they are good phones! Thanks for your info, Steve

Vtxkid

Motorola Droid Razor has been one of the top rated smart phones to date. I've had a Motorola Droid for a little over a year and its a great phone...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

FiremanBill

I've got the Razor Max and love it. Battery life is exceptional and it is pretty rugged even without a case. I did have it lock up on me once for some odd reason and I had to do a soft restart that was pretty simple. Other than than no complaints.

Good quality video, camera is good, both front and rear facing. I have used it to video some of my son's band performances and such and you wouldn't know it was from a phone camera.

Now the Razor Max HD is out. That will be my next one once this one wears out, unless something newer comes out by then,

wehavefun

I am a former i-phone user, I think for the past 5 ( 3 different iphones ) as a matter of fact, when I changed carriers I went to buy a new iphone, however the salesperson convinced me that my wife's phone was a much better phone ( samsung s 3 ) long story short, I love my samsung and now my daughter has switched from an iphone 5 to a Samsung galaxy. My sister in law has the Samsung Note, I really like it, however some people might not like the size, however you can certainly see the font!!!

FlyerChief

Put me down as another fan of the Motorola Droid Razor Max. Good build quality. No problems whatsoever with hardware or software. Best battery life of ANY smart phone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

happyappy

And yet another vote for the Razr Max. Great phone and most importantly, great battery life. I also know several people who are very happy with the Samsung S3 and its battery life.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Motorola Razor Maxx for me as well. Previous phone was a Droid2. Both through Verizon. I don't know enough about these phones to make an educated comment but I looked for the best deal at the time through Verizon. Both of my kids have the Samsung Galaxy S3 and are happy with them as well. For me, the Samsung was just too large. With the Droids, the software updates occur as the newer versions become available.

jjriker

And another vote for the Razor Maxx! :) Both Harry and I have them and we love them. Batteries last great, I use the camera all the time, and it has a lot of great apps.

DuaneG

I also switched from an iPhone to an HTC One X android phone and love it.

I bought a Verizon mifi for Internet on the road and can attach an antenna to boost the signal in most locations.

Because of this my next phone is going to be a basic dumb phone with no data plan. My wife has an iPad for all the traveling apps and I can use my tablet computer and connect to the mifi when needed.

dave10a

The only reason I would continue with the iphone is that Dish Pointer works only with that OS. Other wise iphone is dieing a slow death because of competition has better cost performance.

mdamerell

Droid Razor Maxx, Just checked my battery 22h 34m 59s and still at 70% charge and I use my phone for work, email you name it. Liked it so much we just up graded one of our phones to the new Droid Razor Maxx HD. Largest battery of any phone on the market. Now if I play angry birds all day I'll have to recharge it that night, only 15 hours of continuous screen use. Off to use my Kindle app and finish my book (on my Droid of course).