Stained Glass on entry door

dglatta

I thought I would share a couple pictures of the stained glass we are installing on the entry door to our Bighorn 3670. It is being made by the campground manager at Pulpit Rock Campground in Decorah, Iowa. She has done many different designs for trailers, 5'ers and motorhomes. She drew a to-scale drawing and then we selected the glass colors. We can hardly wait to see it on the rig.
Dave

Attachments

• 000_0682.jpg
    000_0682.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 212
  • 000_0681.jpg
    000_0681.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 168

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
That really is beautiful! Here's pics of ours; it was actually made before we owned the Bighorn...but still looks great in our new rig:

100_1115.jpg

Bopper

Greetings:

The pictures look great. The pictures of my door are stored in my other computer and I will post them as soon as I figure out the picture posting process.

However, ours is constructed differently than stained glass. We used a local artist who works with glass. She takes a sheet of translucent glass and uses powdered, colored glass to create her pictures. The glass is then fired in a kiln for 15 hours. The result is an integrated sheet of glass art where the glass powders are fused into the host sheet. The artist uses themes and our door in shades of blue and green that is in the style of Marc Chagal.

Best regards
Bopper

2 adults and a very spoiled Cocker Spaniel
2006 Bighorn 3500RL

v92c

Texan
The stained glass is very cool. My wife saw someone at Lake Buchanan with one, I think we will be looking too.

ChopperBill

There is a guy in Quartzite that sells them already made up, at the RV show. Just bring him you window size and pick one out.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
The guy that did ours in SOCAL, also sells pre-made windows on the weekend at "College of the Desert" fair in Palm Springs...that's where we found ours! Since most door windows are the same size it's fairly easy to find one that fits.

Bopper

Greetings:

Attached (I hope) is a picture of the fused glass door on my Bighorn.

Best regards,
Bopper

2 Adults and a very spoiled Cocker Spaniel
2006 Bighorn 3500RL

Attachments

• Glass Door 1.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 185

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
You can buy stained glass windows to go in the doors in Algodnes Mexico, just west of Yuma. I am sure that you can buy them in the other boarder towns also. We had one in our last 5th but have dicided not to put one in our 3055 as we need all the light we can get.
Rand

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
The woman that makes those is staying in a park just down the road from us in Corpus. She was at the open house we went to last month in Rockpoprt. Nice lady! Nice product!

v92c

Texan
Thanks Tom

I havent met Kathy but I have talked to her on the phone, she was very nice. Also the first window arrived broken, she made a new one and had it in the mail the day after Thanksgiving. Great fast customer service. And the new one is awesome, it is well made.

Tony