Simplification.

oscar

Greetings,

First off, thank you for having this forum here. It was very helpful for us in reaching the decision to buy a HL, and which model.

As a "credit reference", I have been on fora for a variety of subjects for years. Cars, boats, building, medieval stuff RV's and more. I love them for the simple fact that you can instantly visit a group of people that are talking about something you want to talk about. Not to mention the fact that if you have a problem, there is most likely a knowledgeable person who has seen your problem before. Priceless. Finally, I have been a moderator/administrator on a number of forums and I know how they "work".

That said, and I mean this as a constructive criticism, this is the most complex, and hard to navigate forum I have ever been on. IMHO there are way too many sections, there is too much detail and a lot of duplication. The biggest irritant is the fact that the tree has more than one root. If you hit the back button you don't necessarily go back to where you were before, you end up in a different portal. There is more than one "top".

Part of what a forum does is to create community, and we all know how important that is for a brand. And, for us it is nice to have friends on line. Makes you feel at home. Because of the fact that this place is such a maze, it is hard to have a "home base", and it is hard for a nucleus circle to form. If you start a thread it is hard to remember where you started it, and how to get back there. As a result I have picked an arbitrary "home base", in my case the Cyclone brand forum, and I kind of stay there. But, I know I am missing a lot.

My suggestion is a re-design. ONE Home section with a more rational number of sub sections, but always, always, the back button takes you back to where you were before so that you can keep track of the tree structure.

Thank you, and I will be back to check for responses, If I can remember how to get here.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Regardless of what PC or tablet I am using, when I click the back button it always takes me back to where I was. Not sure what's happening on your end.
If you need to find your way back to your posts, just click on your user name and then click on 'View Forum Posts'.
With regards to the sub forums, we are in the process of remodeling right now.
Enjoy the forum, it is not that complex.

Peace
Dave

oscar

With regards to the sub forums, we are in the process of remodeling right now.

I saw that, and I very much encourage that, hence my post.

I will spend some time later and show how the bread crumbs get mixed up.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Personally, I like the way the forum is set up. I too always go back to the previous page and I don't have many problems with finding stuff. I most commonly go to active topics last two days to see what's new or updated and go to my profile to see past post. I visit several other forums and find this one pretty easy. jmho

Eddhuy

I am in other forums and think this is one of the easier ones to navigate in and find things. But I must admit, I am biased, I do like my HL.

kowAlski631

I've had no issue with the forum layout. Been able to locate easily items of interest for me & Paul. I'm not a person who has used that many forums, but this one is not anymore difficult than others I've visited & easier to navigate many. Just my opinion.
Martha