Independent Slides

Ladiver

I am ready to order a 3010/3100/3110 (?) but want to know if there is an easy way of having each pop-out controlled independently. I was looking at a 3110 and all 3 pop-outs are controlled by the same switch.

It would be nice to slide one out for loading purposes, or close one if camping in cold climate and not using that area (less volume to heat).

Is this something that the factory can do on a custom order? I know my dealer said "no problem", but that is their answer to everything.

Thanks,

Jeff

donr827

If the dealer says , no problem, get it in writing as part of the contract. Not sure that the factory will do it but someone with more knowledge will chime in. I believe that each slide should have a separate switch.
Don

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If you have access to the model you like. Open the front compartment...find the slide pump and see if it has 3 knobs on a bracket. They should be marked as to which slide they operate. With those, you can turn off slides as needed.

TedS

Easy way? Yes. Close the valve(s) to the slide(s) you do not want to move. Maybe that is what the dealer was saying yes to and not a switch for each slide.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Better still, call Heartland directly and ask them how the hydraulics on the model(s) you're interested in are configured. Gotta be somebody there that can tell you.

FiremanBill

All three slides on the 3110 are not controlled by the same switch. At least not on mine anyway... The bedroom slide has it's own switch and the two main slides are on one. They move out one at a time though, kitchen first then the couch side.

I do wish the two main slides were on separate switches though but it's not that big of a deal as one can stay closed, just can't decide which one though.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Not 100% sure about the Cyclone line.

My BH has an electric slide in the bdrm controlled by one switch.

The three hydraulic slides have three individual shut off valves in the door side front compartment.
Although they are on the same switch, simply shut them off individually for the slide that you don't want to move in, or out. Trace

Last edited:

JohnDar

Not 100% sure about the Cyclone line.

However as stated earlier, my BH has an electric slide in the bdrm controlled by one switch.

The three hydraulic slides have separate shut off valves in the door side front compartment.
Although they are on the same switch, simply shut them off individually for the slide that you don't want to move in, or out. Trace

They seem to change the systems from MY to MY. My 2009 BH3670RL has four hydraulic slides, no electric. And I have a selector valve manifold to control any or all of them. It is handy when doing maintenance or I need to get into a blocked cabinet while in storage.
View attachment 23353

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks John, didn't realize they were different. Ammended my OP a bit. Trace

Ladiver

Thanks for all of the info. The 3010 we looked at only had a single switch. If the 3100 is like FiremanBill's where the bedroom is on one and the other slide is separate, then there will be no problem since there are only 2 slides. We are aware that you can manually switch each slide off, but would rather have it be a simple switch inside the coach. I will definitely call Heartland prior to ordering.

Thanks again.

Jeff

JohnDar

Thanks for all of the info. The 3010 we looked at only had a single switch. If the 3100 is like FiremanBill's where the bedroom is on one and the other slide is separate, then there will be no problem since there are only 2 slides. We are aware that you can manually switch each slide off, but would rather have it be a simple switch inside the coach. I will definitely call Heartland prior to ordering.

Thanks again.

Jeff

If they were all electric slides, it would probably be easy to have them independent inside the rig. But with a hydraulic system, they all run off the same pump, so you'd need to put valves inside the coach, rather than out in the compartment. Doable maybe, but is the convenience worth it? For HL to do it would mean more $$. And then there's always the ugly spectre of a leak... Just my $0.02 worth.

oscar

Just thinking out loud, but I bet there's an aftermarket remote valve you could put in line......

I agree with the OP that it would be nice to deploy only one side. In my case I would want the kitchen only. In the Flying J lot the bed can stay in. I can get in and out no problem and the bathroom is fully accessible. Having the kitchen is a must though, even on a few hour nap.

TedS

With some thought, one could add a switch and solenoid valve for each slide on an all-hydraulic system instead of the single switch and solenoid valve on most hydraulic slide systems. The slides would be separately plumbed instead of the current common manifold.