New Heartland Owner

ShepVA

Hello all.

I am a proud new heartland bighorn owner. I have been a Jayco owner for many years and have enjoyed camping with the family for quite a while. I just traded in the Jayco Designer for a used 2012 3585rl Bighorn and I am loving it so far. Our first trip is at the end of the month and I cannot wait to try it out.

I do have a couple questions. When I needed parts for the Jayco I went down to a local dealer and got them, but my Heartland dealer is about two hours away. Any good online place to get parts for this camper?? I have a door that covers the switch for the rear landing gear and it is missing the plastic latch and now the door just bangs around going down the road and I am afraid the plastic door is going to fly off if it does that too much. There are also a few odds and ends that I need to look into or will need to ask questions, but so far I am real excited.

Thanks for any help and advice you can give me on this machine as I learn about it.

Talk to everyone soon.

Adam

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Adam, welcome to the Heartland family and Heartland Owners Forum. This is a great place to share information about our rigs.
Check out the Events tab for a rally near you. You will have fun with like minded people.
Also check out the Heartland Owners Club.
I love your floor plan.

Peace
Dave

ShepVA

Thanks for the welcome Dave. I have lots of learnin to do, as my dad would say... So far I am very happy with this camper, but moving from a 2002 Jayco to a 2012 Bighorn will do that I suppose. I am real excited to get it out and run it here in about three weeks and see how it does on the campground.

Thanks

Adam

danemayer

When I needed parts for the Jayco I went down to a local dealer and got them, but my Heartland dealer is about two hours away. Any good online place to get parts for this camper?? I have a door that covers the switch for the rear landing gear and it is missing the plastic latch and now the door just bangs around going down the road
Hi ShepVA,

A lot of parts, perhaps including the plastic latch, are common to many RV brands and can be obtained at any nearby dealer. You can also purchase many parts directly from Heartland by calling Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032. Have your VIN # ready and ask for the parts dep't. Note that on inexpensive parts, shipping and handling charges can be more than the price of the part.

Camping World sells online as does Tweety's. There are many other places including this one, where you may be able to find the latch you need.

FiremanBill

Hey there! Welcome aboard Shep. What part of Virginia are you in?

Consider joining us at the VA rally!

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...ally-VA-Temperanceville-5-30-2013-to-6-2-2013

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Congratulations and welcome. As mentioned by Dan you can get parts from Heartland customer service and HOC members get a 10% discount. Enjoy your new coach.

ShepVA

I am over on the western side of Va on the I-81 cooridor near Staunton, VA.
That looks like a really cool rally you guys are having, not sure I will be able to make it this year, but I assume you will have more.

Thanks for the invite.

FiremanBill

We're here in Yorktown right near the Bay. If you ever get over this way give us a shout.

We travel up your way quite often on our way back to our original home of East Tennessee. Pretty country up there in those mountains.

ShepVA

If you travel up I-64 to I-81 right where you change interstates is in Staunton, and I am about 10 minutes from there.

We come down to the beach at least once a year, normally down to Va Beach or Nags Head, but we already have most of our trips planned out for this year. With jobs and kids you have to plan ahead.

If I get down to yorktown I will look you up. Thanks

tracks

I am over on the western side of Va on the I-81 cooridor near Staunton, VA.
That looks like a really cool rally you guys are having, not sure I will be able to make it this year, but I assume you will have more.

Thanks for the invite.

Brother, consider Heartland Regional Rally: NC, Waynesville - 4/12/2013 to 4/14/2013, straight down I-81 and take a left & you're there.

Kirk

FiremanBill

If you travel up I-64 to I-81 right where you change interstates is in Staunton, and I am about 10 minutes from there.

We come down to the beach at least once a year, normally down to Va Beach or Nags Head, but we already have most of our trips planned out for this year. With jobs and kids you have to plan ahead.

If I get down to yorktown I will look you up. Thanks

I hear ya! I still have one in High School and one going to George Mason University!