Exterior Propane Valve on Camp Kitchen

929Coug

Another propane related question from Vince.
One of my favorite outside features on my 3300ck is theoutside kitchen. I liked how I can hook up a Coleman gas grill to the outsidepropane valve on my rig so I don’t have to buy those little bottles anymore. I went to Camping World the other day to purchasethe connecting hose to my Coleman grill and Coleman stove. The salesman there advised me that it wouldprobably not work well enough because Coleman Grills/Stoves require highpressure and due to the distance of the propane bottles in the front of thetrailer to the outlet in the rear, the grill would not produce enough heat. The salesman told me my best bet would be tobring large propane bottle and connect to that instead. So rather than waste $40 on this hose, Idecided to hold off and ask around.
Can someone enlighten me with their experience with this?
Thanks,
Vince

pegmikef

That salesman was probably correct. If that exterior valve is plumbed like mine it is a low pressure valve (e.g., is connected to the pressure regulator, not between the bottle and the regulator). It is easy enough to check. Just follow the plumbing for the valve back to the source location and if it is in fact from the regulator, then the valve is low pressure. I just bought a low pressure stove (Olympian 5500) and there are kits available to convert other grills as I know some have done it to their Webers. There may be such a kit available for your Coleman.

Last edited:

sjs731

He was correct. The regulator is before the line to the rear kitchen and the Coleman grill which we also have is regulated so the pressure would be too low for the grill.

Steve and Carrie
HOC #2252
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk