Audio Unit Mounted to High to Be Visible/Useful.

My wife and I just purchased a new Wilderness 2013 2550 RK travel trailer. I emailed the following question to Heartland and got a very timely response although not very helpful.

My question to Heartland…
"My question is regarding the location of the radio/CD player located above the bar. It is impossible to stand anywhere in the trailer and see the dial on the audio system. I am 62 years old and the only way I can see it is to climb up on one of the barstools. Obviously, this is not safe and a certain design flaw in the location of the audio equipment that tends to lend itself to falls and injuries. What solution do you recommend for this problem? Do you offer a system that maybe has a remote control and does not have the blue LCD display and is visible to a normal person standing in the trailer?"

Heartland’s response…
"With the 2550RK being the only rear kitchen in the Wilderness line this was the most workable location to install the radio. We are apologize that we do not offer another radio for the unit and that is difficult for you to see. This is a new complaint, we will review the design and in the next coming years if there is a different radio or a better location we will keep it in mind. We thank you for your concern and will look for continuing improvements in the future."

Any suggestion regarding relocation of the unit, replacing it with something offering wireless Bluetooth from a smart phone or even a wired detachable head unit. If you know of something I would appreciate the information. Wayne

danemayer

Hi wstevenson94,

Welcome to the Heartland family and to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a lot of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

Many of the audio systems have remotes, and there may be alternatives that have the same form factor.

What is the make and model of your audio unit? If you can't see it, perhaps the trailer docs included a manual for the audio system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

danemayer

Looks like it's a standard in-dash car stereo. You can probably find a compatible replacement with remote control pretty inexpensively. Maybe stop by a Best Buy or other place that does car stereos and see what they've got.

Thanks for you help. BTW Just added Tapatalk HD to my IPad based on the info in your signature.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Heckya

Well it she could have it the way ours is which is below and to the right of my 39lcd. I almost have to get on my knees to change the station ;-L

danemayer

Well it she could have it the way ours is which is below and to the right of my 39lcd. I almost have to get on my knees to change the station ;-L

Hi Heckya,

Welcome to the posting side of Heartland Owners Forum. This is a great information resource, but it's always good to have additional participation in the discussion. Thanks for joining in.