Xtra Ride extended warranty

G_Hage

OK, I know there lots of threads on "Extended Warranties" here on the forums, but limited on time to sift through em all in search of. Anyone had experience with this particular one [Xtra Ride] as far as filing a claim for repairs and/or replacement on the covered items such as furnace, refrig, A/C, etc gone bad?

We purchased a five year plan with them at the time of our recent purchase of the MR. It looks good on paper, but what about when you file a claim?

Hoping they will be there if and when we need them! And I'm sure we will at some point.

TXTiger

When I purchased my Cyclone last year the dealer sold me an extended warranty with Xtra Ride. The dealer also thru in a road side tire coverage at no extra cost to me. I had two TowMax tires blow out a month apart about six months after purchase and they denied both of my tire claims stating that these tires were not intended for a large trailer. I was able to get some money from Tredit on a warranty claim. The claim process with Xtra Ride took forever. I could not get them to return my calls and had to keep calling them for three months and then was told that my claim had been denied. I was not angry with the claim denial, just the lack of service and followup. My local dealer who does all my service (not the selling dealer who is out of my area) told me that Xtra Ride tire warranty is actually handled thru another company that handles only the road side tire issues. My local dealer told me that they sell a lot of Xtra Ride polices and they are pretty good. I was thinking of canceling and getting a policy with Good Sam. The dealer said Good Sam is not bad either but that I should stay with Xtra Ride. I hope if I do have any claims in the future the process of my claim will be better than my tire claim. Also, my selling dealer told me that if you cancel the extended warranty with Xtra Ride and you financed the purchase, the refund must be applied towards the principal balance on the loan and you have to come up with new money to purchase an replacement warranty.

danemayer

We purchased a five year plan with them at the time of our recent purchase of the MR. It looks good on paper, but what about when you file a claim?
Hi G_Hage,

You may want to check the coverage and exclusions carefully. For example, I recall from prior posts that you have a lot of aftermarket modifications. You might check to see if subsystems with aftermarket changes are covered. The devil is in the details.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I have Xtra Ride on my 2010 Pinehurst. When the refer went out, they replaced the entire unit rather than trying to replace parts. I had to pay less than $200 for shipping but the unit (with ice maker) including all labor was covered. Darn near paid for itself with that one repair. I've had a couple of minor issues as well without a problem but I believe a whole lot of this was due to my dealer, Chesapeake RV Solutions. I did not contact Xtra Ride one time. Everything was handled through my dealer.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
We have Xtra Ride and used it twice. First claims was paid within 10 days and pailess, second claim is only on the books for 4 days and still waiting. So I initially give them a thumbs up.