Beauflor Flooring

Our new Big Horn came with Beauflor flooring in the kitchen and bathroom. The problem is when the kitchen slideout and the dining slideout rolls in and out there are permanent indentations from the rollers. Basically, the flooring is so soft that the rollers imprint on it and there's no way to prevent it. Heartland suggested cut pieces of plexiglass and lay it down so the rollers roll up and on the plexiglass when the slideouts are in and when the slideouts are out store the plexiglass. We are not going for this fix. Has anyone else have this problem and how did you fix it or resolve it with Heartland? Our floor came with a hole in and we are trying to get Heartland to replace the flooring. Any help or suggested would be appreciated.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
WE are using the SLIDE OUT SLICKERS to prevent just what you are decribing. They work great and are easy to us and are painless to use.

stevebotts

We have the same issue, however, I notice the dents seem to get less the longer the slide out stays out. Have been in this location about 2 months and almost completely gone. We do have a few scuffs that I can see if I look at the floor in a certain lighting situation. Not near as bad as all the scratches on the countertops though. Anyway, we may give the slide out slickers a try. All Heartland says is that is the nature of the beast!!

Thanks to all who have replied. I guess we will have to go with the Slide Out Slickers. Now if I can only get Heartland to pay for them!:eek: Now the battle to replace the flooring. Again, thanks to all. Mike & Marge

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
FWIW, We have had this same floor for two and one half years and have not had a problem.

I would also recommend checking the alignment on your slide. Trace

Last edited:

ksmith555

We just noticed marks on our new 3110 flooring. There are 2 roller marks but also a small area where the flooring has bubbled/stretched from the slide. I looked under the fridge/cabinets and the rollers are much wider than the slide out slickers I have seen. We will try the plexi glass and hope the flooring doesn't continue to stretch...not sure how they can even repair that? It looks like it needs to be re-glued but of course it's in the middle of the floor. Thanks for the tips, this forum never lets me down :)

mobilcastle

We just noticed marks on our new 3110 flooring. There are 2 roller marks but also a small area where the flooring has bubbled/stretched from the slide. I looked under the fridge/cabinets and the rollers are much wider than the slide out slickers I have seen. We will try the plexi glass and hope the flooring doesn't continue to stretch...not sure how they can even repair that? It looks like it needs to be re-glued but of course it's in the middle of the floor. Thanks for the tips, this forum never lets me down :)
Check to make sure your rollers are turning-(bubble & stretch)

ATLJOHN

Hi Mile
We had the same issue. When we where at the 2011Goshen rally Heartland made me purchase the slide out roller protector. I think I paid about $8.00 or so. But it works great my indentation is almost completely gone

ParkIt

Checking the rollers on the inside and outside under the slide for marks will let you know if they are grinding too hard, that might indicate your slide is out of alignment or the hydraulic system needs to be adjusted.

Theresau

We're having the same problem (we have the BH vinyl in our BC). And we have a couple of 1" slits as well - looks like may have occurred when slide was first put in???. I've asked for these to be fixed during the rally.

I'll look into the protectors - this is especially an issue as we have maxx vinyl.

Our new Big Horn came with Beauflor flooring in the kitchen and bathroom. The problem is when the kitchen slideout and the dining slideout rolls in and out there are permanent indentations from the rollers. Basically, the flooring is so soft that the rollers imprint on it and there's no way to prevent it. Heartland suggested cut pieces of plexiglass and lay it down so the rollers roll up and on the plexiglass when the slideouts are in and when the slideouts are out store the plexiglass. We are not going for this fix. Has anyone else have this problem and how did you fix it or resolve it with Heartland? Our floor came with a hole in and we are trying to get Heartland to replace the flooring. Any help or suggested would be appreciated.

olcoon

Recently read on here where someone used an old carpet protector, like goes under a desk chair to protect it from messing up the carpet. I think they said they had to use a jig saw to cut them. It was free & did the job!

Bobby A

When our coach was brand new there was a quarter size bubble in the floor just in from of the Fridg. The dealership replaced the floor under warranty and made the whole floor and trim worse. Very long ordeal/story, Heartland came through like they always have and made it right. If I had it to do over with I would of just lived with the bubble. I do put a thin sheet of wood under the slideout rollers and it works fine. I think the floor is only glued down by the vents ( if there is any on the vinyl). JMHO