pre-made air slots in all windows??

firstone

Why does my TT have pre-made slots in the bottom part of each window frame? Most of the frames have several that are there for a reason, is it to improve the insulation value....LOL RRRRRR

What would happen if I plugged them or stuffed them with a breathable foam to stop dust from coming through them?

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
The condensation from your windows drain out these weep holes. If you plug them the window tracks will fill with water and leave streaks on your walls.

firstone

Being that I have slots on both the inside and out this does allow wind and dust in does it not? Perhaps I am thinking single pane windows?

Thanks for the info.

jbeletti

The weep holes should be in the frame but not through the glass and the window should be air tight.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The dust that gets into our rig comes through the screens in the open windows, not the little weep holes at the bottom. Useful for periodically testing the central vacuum cleaner.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If you plug them....your coach will fill with water. They are weep holes to let water OUT when it rains. Look at your windows in your S/B's. They have weep holes also.