more residential decor

Ricoh

Past Ontario Chapter Leader
I am a Bighorn fan and owner. I had a 3055 and now have a 2011 3185. I was at the Ottawa , ontario rv show looking at the new models and would like to suggest some changes to the bighorn. I am close to retirement and will be fulltiming in my rig. Checked out some other brands at the show and their interior decor and quality has surpassed that of Heartland. The demographic that you seem to be trying to reach is the younger, very well off and the retired or soon to be retired and very well off. My suggestion is get rid of the TRAILER mentality and adopt a more residential mentality. Get rid of the foam trim and put real wood around the slides. I personally don't need the fancy look over the quality of real wood. Get rid of the plastic trim (that is supposed to look like ceramic). Offer a residential fridge in the Bighorn as an option ( very important to me). Get rid of the plastic doors on the bathroom and bedroom. My 3185 has a beautiful door with frosted glass in it. Touch of class for sure. You guys have done a good job with a lot of the changes that you made but then you screw it up with the Mickey Mouse just a trailer stuff. The backsplash in the kitchen is BRUTAL. Don't bother because most of us will have to rip it out. I love my Bighorns but please Heartland get with the program and cater to what your pricepoint is looking for. Other manufacturers have and are going to give you guys a run.

Thanks

Rick