Water Leak??

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
water leak??

Last saturday while trying everything in our new BH I turned on the water heater and after a few minutes we have water dripping out of the underbelly of the coach. Have not taken any thing apart to see where its coming from. Anybody had this problem before??. Also found that all the seams at the front of the storage compartment where open, could see light down to the ground and had been some water intrustion into the tool box area.

Pulltab

You need to remove the basement wall and you will probably find that the connections on the back of the water heater are loose. Tighten them up and you will most likely be fine.

ChopperBill

I second PT's suggestion. I happened to me, however I caught it before it leaked into the basement. Check the rest of the connections while you are back there.

jpmorgan37

Bob;

Get a can of insulating foam and seal the gap in the front storage compartment. Just remember, a little goes a long ways.

John

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Thanks guys, I will look at heater connections. I already sealed the gaps with clear 30 year window caulking. Still not sure why the builders leave such a big opening under the landing gear, think I will try to install a removeable cover over the openings to keep the big chunks out. :rolleyes:

Pulltab

Bob&Patty said:
Thanks guys, I will look at heater connections. I already sealed the gaps with clear 30 year window caulking. Still not sure why the builders leave such a big opening under the landing gear, think I will try to install a removeable cover over the openings to keep the big chunks out. :rolleyes:

If you are referring to the area right underneath the propane tanks, I'm not so sure that would be a good idea to close that off. Should there be a leak there needs to be a way for that propane to vent out of the rv. Just a thought.