Aftermarket Up-fitter Switches

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Well, it seems the more gadgets I get, the more I want to clean up the dash in the old Dodge (sorry, RAM). My last Ford had factory uplifters. I was wondering if there is an aftermarket uplifter kit available and has anyone used this product.

Thanks for the help
Jamie

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Re: Aftermarket Uplifters

Well, it seems the more gadgets I get, the more I want to clean up the dash in the old Dodge (sorry, RAM). My last Ford had factory uplifters. I was wondering if there is an aftermarket uplifter kit available and has anyone used this product.

Thanks for the help
Jamie
OK, Ya got me... What's an uplifter?

JWalker

OK, Ya got me... What's an uplifter?

A line of toggle switches in a nice row with a frame around it. I call it uplifters, I do not know if that is the proper name for it. I can tap into these switches and run TPMS, shut off valves for aux. fuel tank, programmers.....

Gary521

If you are just looking for toggle switches, check out Summit Racing or Jegs.

GOTTOYS

Ford calls these upfitter switches. Don't know that anyone makes an actual kit for Dodges,but there are several types of switches available that you could mount on the dash. Haven't found a need for any myself..Don

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders

HERE is a link from another forum to an owner that added some.

dave10a

Thanks for the help
Jamie

My Ford has the upfitter that came with my dual alternator option. I think you need either a heavy duty optional or dual optional alternators to get the upfitter from Ford. I don't know of any after market supplier. The upfitter option comes if very handy for trailer to either charge the batteries or handle a heavy load.

JWalker

Thanks guys. I'll try to figure something out, without trading in for the "Blue Oval"

SilverRhino

I mounted 4 double throw switches with LED indicators and air pressure gauge in my '01 Ram in a plastic work box. Work box, switches and LEDs all together probably cost me less than $20. Mounted the box on the floor just to the passenger side of the 4WD selector. These are not switches that I use that frequently so not a problem having them down there for the last 6 years.

I have to agree with the others......the Ford upfitter switches are nice......by far the best thing on their trucks......just too bad they are hooked to a Ford :eek:

Just kidding around guys!!!!!