more power??

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
After picking up our new BH maybe I dont need more power. Our Duramax pulled this 10k BH up hills and on the flats in cruise at 18krpms in tow/haul and in OD and never even downshifted. Love this truck. Need to write "The General" a good job and thank you letter.

ChopperBill

I installed, on our 03 Dmax, an Edge Juice that I purchased used for $200 about 2 weeks ago. In level 2 it just plays with the Bighorn in the hills. One of the best investments I have made!

ct0218

Bill
I came across a similar offer a couple of months ago and decided to pass on it. My truck has been great, no problems, but it has 120K miles now, and going on 5 years old. Since it is owned by my corporation I'll probably trade sometime within a year, and I'm hesitant to use a programmer without a pyro, etc., and I don't want to add all that now. I know you can't really hurt one stock, but you can with a programmer (exhaust temp too high). Just watch those long uphill mountain pulls Bill!

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Gauges are a must have, even on totally stock trucks. The EGT (exhaust gas temperature) can be very high and over the max limit when towing your camper. On a hot day, the stock intercooler (charge air cooler) is very limited. It also is behind the AC condenser and on a hot day most people have the AC on. Hotter the air into the engine, the hotter the gases out of the engine. Some say that the manufacturer design limits to protect the stock engine. If this was really true, where is the sensor in the exhaust system to measure this limit. Only the new 07 models have sensors in the exhaust system and that is for other reasons. Now add the effect of a dirty air cleaner, heavy, at design or over loaded truck, above sea level, bugs and road dirt blocking air flow, etc. Without gauges, you are flight by the seat of your pants. Good Luck