Floor Plan for the new Landmark Pinehurst

jbeletti

As most folks know, the original 5 Landmark floor plans have been retired and new floor plans have been developed. First came the Augusta, then the Cape Cod and now the Pinehurst.

Below is an image what the Pinehurst floor plan should look like. I am told that the first unit is planned to come off-line on October 10th.

//heartlandowners.org/attachments/landmark/pinehurst.bmp
click here for larger view

Jim

jbeletti

Sid,

The specs have yet to be put on Heartland's site, but I am assuming it's in the 38' range.

Jim

retroxrider

Very nice. Similar to my parents Cameo F35FD3. I'm still not a fan of the split bathroom, much prefer the side bath (like in my 3670!:D).

jbeletti

I think it's great that are so many floor plans. Granted, 3 so far is not a lot but they are different from each other. retroxrider, I hear you on the side bath - I heard this more often than not at the Hershey show.

We don't prefer the all-in-one bath with the side aisle. Never had one either so that may be coloring our preference. I like the additional room you get around the bed when the bathroom is split. Plus, as Nancy told me this morning, if I am using the commode, she can brush her teeth at the same time and everyone is happy :D Of course, you could still do both at the same time in 1 tiny room :eek:

My thoughts on the Pinehurst is that the kitchen/livingroom area is very similar to the now retired Mt. Rushmore floor plan.

The bedroom/bathroom looks totally new to me though. The Bedroom has real separation from the bathroom and the rest of the coach. And is done with what looks like hard walls and a hinged door. Then commode is in its own room and the whole upper floor closes off from the kitchen with a pocket door.

Wondering if the entire upper level should have been carpeted though. Or at least push that carpet radius all the way up to the bedroom door, leaving only a small piece of lino in front of the sink and the shower.

Looking forward to seeing this next week :)

Jim

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
If they made one coach,,, with this new bedroom/bathroom (but with a queen size bed) floorplan and the 3670rl kitchen/living room,,, I would say that was the perfect floorplan. I don't think anything could tear me out of my kitchen.

jbeletti

olng,

I am nearly in agreement with you. The 3670/Augusta kitchen/livingroom really grew on me at the Hershey show.

That said, for us, with 2 small dogs (Yorkies), as much as I love that Augusta kitchen and all that counter and cabinet space, the free-standing island will be better for us as the dogs, when underfoot, have 2 sides to be pushed out of. Whereas with the island with the connected return peninsula, once they get underfoot in that corner, they are stuck there until we move out of their way.

If we were more than weekend seasonal RVers, I would have to have the Augusta/3670 kitchen. Dogs would have to just live and learn to stay out of the way :)

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Hey Jim
I see that the washer and dryer is in the front. Is this a stack-able design? Looks like they may not have the height clearance. I guess the side cabinets are held back to allow for access. Be nice to have the sink in the island, so it does not move each time the slide is bumped out. I do like the bath design. Are you sure this coach is big enough load up that new truck?

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
I really like that there is lino on all sides of the island. The pathway between the island and table is a very high traffic area and with our carpet, requires a runner, which is always trying to run away (it creeps no matter what we do).

It looks like a pretty good floor plan, so far my favorite of the new Landmarks, but would have to put eyes and hands on it to be sure about that bedroom setup.

jbeletti

Don,

I thought it odd at first but now think I agree with you about not having carpet on the table side of the island. It was my highest traffic area and soiled the worst. Each spring I used an extraction carpet shampooer and got the area clean maybe it's time to try more lino.

Jim

Tom of Ypsi

Jim, Is the first one already spoken for meaning you? I really like this and Judy loves it. I think we will be in the area and possibly the factory this Thursday. Maybe the factory will have started the building of the Pinehurst and we can see some of it first hand. Sure would love to take one with me down to Tx for the west coast rally then down to the Valley for the winter.

jbeletti

You can have the first one Tom. But I'll have gone over it pretty well before you get it :)

Got time for lunch next Thurdsay? I want to take David Partin and Jim Fenner out. Join us.

Jim

Tom of Ypsi

Jim, I may take you up on that lunch. We are leaving Mi early Thursday, hopefully by 8:30 am so that should put me in Elkhart around 11:30 am. Of course this all depends on traffic, weather and leaving on time. I am wondering if you went over the new Pinehurst real good would that be construed as a show model thus a big discount would be in order:D.Gotta wish you know.

jbeletti

Bill,

This just may be the one for us. I have to see it in person though. I should know by the end of next week.

Jim

tcbrady

Thanks for the feedback on the new Pinehurst. Please keep in mind that you have the option to order any Landmark floorplan with a queen bed (60x80) - the bed would be centered in the slide providing 5" of additional room on each side of the bed. Also, I agree with you that we should consider making the upper deck all lino before the door heading into the bedroom. However, with the laundry chute/shoe storage comparment it is very difficult to wrap that with lino. As a result the first Pinehurst will come off-line with carpet and we'll take a close look.

Again, thank you for the feedback and we look forward to delivering an outstanding NEW floorplan!

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Jim Beletti said:
Don,

I thought it odd at first but now think I agree with you about not having carpet on the table side of the island. It was my highest traffic area and soiled the worst. Each spring I used an extraction carpet shampooer and got the area clean maybe it's time to try more lino.

Jim

This is the reason that the DW wants to be able to order from the factory and have them remove the carpet on our future 3670 Bighorn. That is the first thing I asked on the Ask the Factory thread when I joined here.

jimtoo

The floor plan looks good except for one thing that I see. You do not have access to the refrigerator with the slides in closed or travel position. This means that if you stopped to make a sandwich for lunch or buy supplies while passing through a town, you would need to extend the slides in a parking lot for access.

jbeletti

Jim is correct on access to the refer. Either of the slides will need to be put out to access the refer. Not as handy as having the refer straight in from the entrance door as on my 2005 Mt. Rushmore.

Good news is that all slide rooms are able to be operated individually from inside the coach on the new Landmarks. I envision having to run the door-side slide out a foot to get between the table and island to access the refer.

From the drawing, looks like the refer door will be able to be fully opened with the off-door-side slide fully retracted. That's good. Gives you the option of using either slide to get to the refer.

Jim

The Pinehurst floorplan looks great on paper. Our first look at the real thing will be next week at the Tampa Super Show. Just wish Heartland would consider hydraulic disk brakes.