This just proves my point...

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I've had problems, but at least my cabinetry and trim stays where Heartland put it...for a WHOLE LOT LESS MONEY!!!

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
After the thread recently about the Nu-Wa and all of the owners extolling their virtues, I decided to go to other forums and look around. Keep in mind that this is in no way to be considered scientific research. It is my impression that every other manufacturer out their has significant problems with a certain percentage of their coaches, regardless of price. To me the biggest difference that I see is the luck of the draw with the dealer that you purchase from and the level of customer support from the factory. The planets seemed to be aligned just right when I purchased mine, because I found a great dealer. Fortunately I have not had to avail myself of the factory support yet. With luck and a bit of vigilance, hopefully I never will. But it seems that most here that have, are very satisfied with the support they have received. Every day that I spend in my home reaffirms my decision to buy the FW that I did.

snuffy

I've noticed in my area most dealers tend to drop and add brands ocassionally. Not sure if it is because the factory dropped them or they didn't get support from the factory so they moved elsewhere. May be a little of both. If the factories were made to replace the lemons, theymight do a better job of putting these things together.
Our first trailer was a '92 Nomad and I never took it back to the dealer for one thing. Had a small problem with the water pump but we fixed that on site and the cable connection was reversed.

mufflerman

kakampers said:
I've had problems, but at least my cabinetry and trim stays where Heartland put it...for a WHOLE LOT LESS MONEY!!!

Unfortunatly I can't say the same about my Heartland product, since the cabinets over the dresser where resting on the window valance and the kitchen cabinet under the sink was never attached to the wall.
I do agree its luck of the draw, although I see more repeating problems with Heartland then with other brands, Water loss, uphill plumbing, ect...

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Mufflerman...sorry to hear of the poor quality in your unit, I assume it is an older model? We have an 08' and the quality seems to have improved dramatically, at least as far as we've been able to tell. Not perfect...but greatly improved.

jpmorgan37

mufflerman said:
I see more repeating problems with Heartland then with other brands, Water loss, uphill plumbing, ect...
Ray; Please post your statistics for the above statement, Heartland verses other brands, and where they are derived from.
John

Last edited:

mufflerman

jpmorgan37 said:
Ray; Please post your statistics for the above statement, Heartland verses other brands, and where they are derived from.
John
John,
I dont have specific statistics, But I have read a lot of different forums and talk to a lot of r.v.ers, I know all rv's have some sort of problems large and small, there will never be a perfect r.v.
I have personally owned 12 different r.v.'s form truck campers, travel trailers & motorhomes and never had so many problems. The biggest problem I have had was the 02 sprinter TT, Pocket slider kept coming out and damaging the wall.
It seems every heartland r.v.er that dry camps has water loss issue's, I also see some really bad plumbing problems on heartland products.
I can say heartland has improved ALOT on the newer units, I pulled alot of them for a local rv dealer (to shows ect...) and have personally seen the improvements. I just wish heartland would do the right thing and take the lemon I have back and replace it with a properly built unit.
I would really like to enjoy R.V.ing again.
Ray,

navyAZ1

Oldlthrneck said:
To me the biggest difference that I see is the luck of the draw with the dealer that you purchase from and the level of customer support from the factory.

I agree with the statement about the dealer we have had our share of problems with our BH but nothing really major. The difference I feel is that our dealer has been nothing short of wonderful, you get the feeling that you are the only customer they have they fix everything and get it right and their customer service personnel stay in touch with you to keep you informed on progress I asked for a specific date to get the BH back and they got it ready to go 5 days sooner. So, if you're in Georgia and need a Heartland Dealer go to McDonough RV.None

snuffy

navyAZ1 said:
I agree with the statement about the dealer we have had our share of problems with our BH but nothing really major. The difference I feel is that our dealer has been nothing short of wonderful, you get the feeling that you are the only customer they have they fix everything and get it right and their customer service personnel stay in touch with you to keep you informed on progress I asked for a specific date to get the BH back and they got it ready to go 5 days sooner. So, if you're in Georgia and need a Heartland Dealer go to McDonough RV.None

I'm happy to hear good news about McDonough RV because that is where we have been looking at the Big Horns. I'm not sure about their prices, but the sales staff is really sharp. Jay Kelly seems to know everything there is to know about the Heartlands.