Will my 2010 f250 v10 pull a 3110 cyclone

I AM LOOKING INTO GETTING A CYCLONE 3110 IN SEPT AND DONT REALLY WANT TO TRADE IN THE TRUCK WILL ANYONE GIVE ME SOME INFO ON IF MY TRUCK CAN HANDLE IT. I WILL BE HAULING A 550 GRIZZLY 4WHEELER IN THE BACK THANKS!!!! :cool:

danemayer

Hi gretajones,

The Cyclone 3110 has a GVWR of 15,500 and the empty rig without options has a hitch weight of 2,600#. Your 2010 F250 V10 may be able to pull the Cyclone, but you'll probably be seriously overloaded on the rear axle. You should look at the label on the driver's side truck door to find the payload for your truck. Or you can subtract the empty curb weight of the truck from its GVWR. The payload needs to handle the RV hitch weight, plus weight of your passengers, tools, hitch, bed cover, etc.

The website, Fifth Wheel Safe Towing, can help you match the tow vehicle and trailer and understand the issues.

Zoomzoommo

I BOUGHT A FORD F350 DRW TO PULL MY 3110 -- WANTED SOME SAFETY MARGIN VS A SRW TRUCK. CHECK THE TRUCK'S GROSS COMBINED WEIGHT RATING. And stop shouting :)

lwmcguir

I AM LOOKING INTO GETTING A CYCLONE 3110 IN SEPT AND DONT REALLY WANT TO TRADE IN THE TRUCK WILL ANYONE GIVE ME SOME INFO ON IF MY TRUCK CAN HANDLE IT. I WILL BE HAULING A 550 GRIZZLY 4WHEELER IN THE BACK THANKS!!!! :cool:
Doug's on line calculator will sure tell you the facts. All you need is your weight numbers to see where you will be. No doubt you can tow it but Dan is right on about the rear axle being overloaded.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
My wife says, yes it would pull it! But she then says, will it stop safely? And that is the true question. We have a F350 dually and with our 16,000 Lp Landmark, it is sometimes not so easy to stop. I would think twice about pulling it with a F250.

danemayer

My wife says, yes it would pull it! But she then says, will it stop safely? And that is the true question. We have a F350 dually and with our 16,000 Lp Landmark, it is sometimes not so easy to stop. I would think twice about pulling it with a F250.
Michael, if you apply max on the brake controller, will your trailer brakes keep you from moving? If going 5 mph, will the trailer brakes lock up? If no to either, you may have to check to see if the self-adjusting brakes are self adjusting. Also, there could be grease contamination or some other problem. The trailer is responsible for supplying enough braking to handle its weight. Of course, going down a 7% grade is a different story...

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Dan, I have enough to stop it. If I would need to stop faster than I want, it would take some stepping on the pedal. I have my controller set to 6 and when I do my trailer pull test, I always also pull a little to check the trailer brakes, and they do drag as I do this. So I believe they are working good. I just find it to be hard to stop fast due to the weight behind me. Not that it's not able to stop it.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
NO.
The engine isn't the problem. You will overloaded on payload by 1000lbs+. You are likely overloaded on GVWR, and gross towing weight. Towing link I am near payload limit on F-250 V-10 towing my Sundance XLT ultra lite.

mobilcastle

I had an F250 V10 and it handled 10K easily, but 15 TO 16k no way. That is why I stepped up to a dually. Good luck. Michael, I am thinking about putting on disk brakes-do you have them?