A few questions about a 280BH....

campntn

I have a few questions about the 280BH, if any of you have been in one or saw one. All I have are pictures to go by.
-Where is the sewer hose stored? There is no square bumper.
-Are there electrical outlets near the sink? I don't see any but some white stickers to the left of the sink.
-What is the 'half-baked' oven and how does it work?
-WHAT!! are those lil holes in the nightstands beside the electrical outlets? They look like where a drawer goes, but they're all just open???
-is the bathroom sink lavatory bottom curved wood?

All in all, the pictures look nice.
i have test towed a Passport 28BH lately and it was one of the poorest quality trailers I have ever seen. Flimsy cabinets, handles broken, etc. This floorplan is EXACTLY to a T what the passport was. I hope not. I would be very disappointed. Passport is a Keystone product. Heartland is not owned by Keystone is it???
I hope to tow this camper this Saturday.
Thanks!
Mark in Tennessee
Thank you

sjrellis

It appears that the bathroom sink cabinet has a flat front, but the countertop is curved. Look at the kitchen countertops. They are curved, but the cabinets are flat.

fbendotti

Outlets are under the top cabinets to the right of the exhaust hood..(2) I use a 4 way adapter to double them.. I have a 31 BHD... Just bought it about a week ago.... very nice buld quality..cabinets are fantastic..half baked oven combines microwave and convection.. either/or . i have one in my house...works fantastic...also adds more abinet space. you will not be dissapointed in quality...I dont quite understand the openings in the night stands..throw your keys in there maybe...?

jlee745

fbendotti
What do u pull ur 31bhd w/. We are considering getting the same model but was wondering if a f150 super crew could handle the length.

medic9016

campntn said:
I have a few questions about the 280BH, if any of you have been in one or saw one. All I have are pictures to go by.
-Where is the sewer hose stored? There is no square bumper.
-Are there electrical outlets near the sink? I don't see any but some white stickers to the left of the sink.
-What is the 'half-baked' oven and how does it work?
-WHAT!! are those lil holes in the nightstands beside the electrical outlets? They look like where a drawer goes, but they're all just open???
-is the bathroom sink lavatory bottom curved wood?

We pick up our 280BH a few weeks ago. We are very happy with it.
-Sewer hose is stored in a PVC tube with vented caps mounted on the frame front left side.
-Electrical outlet is to the right of the exhaust fan under the cabniet.
-The oven is great cooks half the time of a regular oven. Half convection/half microwave.
-Holes next to bed are not very big but long. Maybe for a few magazines or keys and wallet. 7" wide x 6" high and 24" deep.
-The lavatory bottom is shaped like \__/. Not curved.

The foot board on the bed that slide in and out for the cargo space need support from the start. I used 6" L brackets and it is much stronger.

Hope this helps.

M

Mcreech

Just wanted to let you all know that the factory is aware that the pull out bed frame for the 280BH needs more support as Medic9016 mentioned. In future production of that model we will be supporting that pull out bed base in a better way.

campntn

Mcreech said:
Just wanted to let you all know that the factory is aware that the pull out bed frame for the 280BH needs more support as Medic9016 mentioned. In future production of that model we will be supporting that pull out bed base in a better way.

Sorry, are you talking about the bottom double bunk? IT doesn't slide in and out does it?:confused: duh..sorry, but thanks? We are looking at the 280BHS.
Mark

JER-1

Just Bought The 280 Bh

It has a toy hauler side door up front he;s talking about the queen front bed slides in and out to make room for hauling your toys this is a gonna big a big seller for heartland I love it.
1-BIG MOTORCYCLE
1-13 THOUSAND WATT GENERATOR
AND ALL MY OTHER JUNK and I'm about 6000lbs
Beleive it or not towing a 28 footer loaded with a ford explorer 5.0 v8 awd
and EQUAL-i-zer sway control hitch,goes down the road 4 point sway control equal-i-zer no sway period i mean none at 70 with macks on both sides if setup right.
JER-1

JER-1

Tires Rated

You talking about my suv 6 ply tires heavy hauling or the north trail tires rated at 65mph didn't see that any where.
JER-1

modell

I am looking to buy the 28OBH now. Saw one at the local dealer and loved it. I'm concerned our golf cart (Yamaha G19) will be too long to fit in. I think the footrest for the back seat may make it too long. How much width do I have in there?

Thanks,
modell

jbeletti

modell,

Mike Creech, Brand Manager for North Trail asked me to provide you with the attached images. They show user Medic9016-4's golf cart in his North Trail 280BH. These images are from his post on the North Trail Talk forum at this link.

There is no 280BH on the dispatch lot at this time to take the exact measurements for you. For now, please consider contacting Medic9016-4. Perhaps he can take a couple quick measurements for you.

Thanks,

Jim

On Edit: Just heard back from Mike. The door opening is 55" in width.

Attachments

• 280BH_golf_cart_1.jpg
    280BH_golf_cart_1.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 23
  • 280BH_golf_cart_2.jpg
    280BH_golf_cart_2.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 280BH_golf_cart_3.jpg
    280BH_golf_cart_3.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

modell

Jim,

Thanks for your help. I think I need to find a way to remove the footrest on my back seat. Maybe I can hinge it or something. My father-in-law is an iron worker. I'm surecan figure it out! The dealer told me there was 93" width to work with. Of course they also told me the door opening was 48" wide...

Thanks Mike for the info and pics also.

modell