Who owns Heartland??

campntn

New to this forum, I have a question about Heartland. I posted some specific ones in the North Trail forum.
But here is one general question:
I have test towed a Passport 28BH lately and it was one of the poorest quality trailers I have ever seen. Flimsy cabinets, handles broken, etc. This floorplan is EXACTLY to a T what the passport was. I hope not. I would be very disappointed. Passport is a Keystone product.
Heartland is not owned by Keystone is it???

Thanks!
Mark

jbeletti

Welcome to the forum Mark.

Heartland is a privately held company, owned by the founding partners and a private equity firm (Catterton).

There are 5 floor plans currently in the North Trail line. Perhaps one of them is very similar to a floor plan you have seen in another brand. When it comes to small spaces such as a trailer, there are only so many ways they can be configured.

Beyond the floor plan, I think there are other ways manufacturers can differentiate themselves from one another. Features, quality and value come to mind.

If you have not already done so, download the North Trail comparison document from Heartland. Here's a link. It's pretty interesting.

Take care and best of luck,

Jim

campntn

Thank you! I must admit that I'm anxious to see and tow it now.
The little things look nice. But, I am still curious about the 28BHS. I posted questions there if any owners may help me out.
Maybe it's not just the 280, but WHAT are those lil holes in the bedside tables? All the pictures they just look like holes. It looks like a drawer was left out.
And where is there an electrical outlet close to the sink for coffeepot/mixers and such?
Thanks again!
Mark

nhunter

The some of the recepticles in our Bighorn kitchen are under the overhead counters. That is by the stove and by the sink.

We have a Heartland trailrunner 2700 BHS and are very pleased with the quality. The outlet in ours is next to the switch for the water heater in front of the sink but is very easy to get to. My coffee maker works good there on the counter. In our old camper, I used to have it outside. I know what you mean by flimsy cabinets and stuff in other brands but I haven't seen that in the Heartland line. That is the main reason why we bought one.
Good Luck and Happy Camping.. :)

ChopperBill

I own a Heartland Product. If I would have thought it was a Keystone product I would not have even looked at it. Good luck in your search.