Winterizing doublecheck question

chardel

I have decided to go ahead and temporaryly winterize before our first real trip in Jan. to the south. Just want to double check my procedures. There are two low water points on the door side of my big horn 3055 - cold and hot water lines I think - drain those. On the off door side there is another low water drain - Main water tank I think - drain that. Are there any other drains that need to be drained? Hot water heater - (is there another place to drain it other than on the back of the unit itself?) Turn bypass lever to bypass position in the control area and the winterize lever to winterize position and pump some antifreeze through the lines. Put some antifreeze in each of the traps - bath sink, shower, and kitchen sink as well as in the toilet with enough to have some in each of the holding tanks. Does that seem to be it? Thanks for any additional suggestions.

The RV-Ramblers

BigHorn Owners
You can remove the anode rod on the hot water heater (1 1/16 socket I believe) and open the pressure release valve for a quick and complete drain. This also provides an oportunity to inspect the rod.

ChopperBill

Release the check valve in the fresh water hose fitting to let that water line drain BEFORE you activate the pump! I did mine while the pump was on. I will be installing a new check valve tomorrow!

dglatta

Chopper Bill,
Where is this "check valve" located and what is it's purpose? Thanks.
Dave

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
dglatta said:
Chopper Bill,
Where is this "check valve" located and what is it's purpose? Thanks.
Dave
Since Bill is busy thought I'd answer this hard one.:) You need to use a small screwdriver and take the seal with the screen on it out of the hose inlet. Then your able to push the valve in to let the pressure off.....Ken