Hot Water Heater - Elec Not Working

Rookey

During our maiden voyage I discovered the elect HW did not work. The red lighted switch was on, the fuse is OK and the gas side works. I noticed TDHarley had mentioned something about a second switch. Does anyone know where this is? I removed the panel under the ent center and looked at a bunch of wires coming from the heater but no switches. Thanks,
Mike

Pulltab

If you take the door off the heater outside right below the gas valve should be a black rocker switch. Make sure that is on.

jpmorgan37

Rookey;

Also, make sure the hot water heater is full of water before any power is applied to the electric element. It takes about ten seconds to fry that element if it is not fully submerged.

John

Rookey

Thanks for the help. I'll check that tonight. We're going to a grape crush this weekend and I'm sure we'll need some hot water!!

roazo

Sundance Owner
Welcome to the Heartland Family.Ours came with a small hair pin to keep the switch in the off position. After it is removed you can turn the switch on. Hope thats your problem.Good luck

Rookey

I checked it last night and that's it. As Roazo mentioned it has a pin in the OFF position. I think I'll incorporate this in our set-up and breakdown routine. It's too easy to flip that switch hidden in the coat closet. Thanks again.