My Heartland homework

campntn

Hi, although I'm new here, I wanted to post the results of my call to Heartland Sales. I spoke to a very nice, patient man, named Mike. I will be test towing this unit 2 days from now. I wanted to talk to the people who built it to know more about it before then. I do my homework. ;)
I'm sure most of you know these things and they are strickly related to a 28BH, but someone thinking about buying one might find them of interest.
These are just a few of the notes I took and wanted to share. I'm sure there are PLENTY of good experiences, but..I'm new. :)
I'm excited to try this one as we have been looking for the right unit for awhile. We have an Outback 21RS and our kids have outgrown it. We are tired of climbing over each other to get in and out of bed. I'm 6'3" tall and needed a long bed. We also needed a slide for more living room. More counter space. To be honest, I'd rather not tow a 30footer TT, but we couldn't find what we needed in a smaller unit.
And, the quality on the pictures, looks really nice. Recently we were in a Passport trailer of the same 28 plan and it was realllllllyyyyy bad. So, I'm cautious.
Have a good day,
Mark

• ONLY trailer to have top laminated roof with crowned roof to drain off water.
  • Cable driven slide Not gear driven, mechanism visible under couch skirt, new mechanism but doing well.
  • ½ microwave and ½ convection oven. Usually in more expensive units.
  • Built in black tank flush.
  • CANNOT raise up rear bunk to store. I hate that part, for the kid's clothes storage. water heater and furnace underneath there. But, remove screws to do hot water bypass for winterizing.
  • Sewer hose storage was put up front with the new bumper design due to it was the only place that it could be placed consistently among all the units. Keeping things consistent makes QA better.
  • Bumper is reinforced ABS plastic. NOT steel reinforced.
  • 30 amp retractable hose.
  • All aluminum frame, even on roof.
  • Shoe storage under bar.
  • Air AND heat ducts in bathroom.
  • Electric start and 9K BTU range top.
  • Safety glass windows; emergency exits tilt out, others slide.
  • No shelf in kids storage, ??? maybe three feet deep.
  • Speakers, outside..
  • Inside height is 78”, bed is 78’
  • No ladder standard.
  • Side cabinets are deep full
  • Foot flush toilet

Pulltab

Welcome Mark, you will find that Heartland supplies many upgraded features without the added cost. The customer service for me has been top notch! Only time I have ever felt like a manufacturer cared about me once I bought! :)

Hope the RV is everything you are hoping for and enjoy!