actual weight of sundance 5ers?

hharris

Im looking at buying a 2800rls or the 2900mk, as soon as i sell my 98 280rk

im curious to see if anyone has actually wieghed there 5er on a scale to see how accurate the tow #s are in the brochure?

mine says 8200 dry! well on the scales empty it weighs 9500 and loaded up ready to roll it weighed in at 10460 that put me 460 lbs over my GCWR wich i do not like towing that heavy with my 6.0 gmc 2500HD., if i had the D/A id be allright but were looking to get a newer and lighter 5er and sundance has definately caught my eye!

thanks
Heath

fishn2dmax

My 2900 MK scaled in at 9565 lbs avg loaded with 1/2 water tank.

Weight = 1950 lbs pin + 7615 wheels. I tow with a GMC 2500 HD D/A short bed Crew Cab. My last trailer weighed 1500 less and honestly I think the Sundance tows better? I did install airlift air bags on the rear and it made a HUGE difference! If you pull mostly in flat areas the 6.0L will suffice, but if you tow in any mountainous areas, you will be pushing the limits of the 6.0 L.

hharris

thanks for the info! i also have the airlift and riderite controller, we mostly would be towing local to MO so no mountains for us untill we upgrade to a Duramax, wich will be severall years down the road!

i sold my 5er last nite so now were going to start our hunt for a new one!

one thing that towing this old 5er has taught us is to pack light! so if i can have it loaded ready to go and still be under 9500 ill be happy, but id still prefer to be under 9k

maybe the 2800rls is a little lighter? they dont have it listed in the spec area of the website?