Satelite prep

pickuphunt

Does the BH specifically, 3600RL, come with roof top satelite prep? I know they don't come with the satelite dish, but is the wiring in the ceiling?

tcbrady

Yes - all Bighorn models are prep for the roof top satellite. Hope this helps with your question!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Yes...it does! Just make sure the dealer installing the dish is competent enough to locate and use it...ours wasn't had to rewire the entire thing ourselves!!

grizzlygiant

pickuphunt said:
Does the BH specifically, 3600RL, come with roof top satelite prep? I know they don't come with the satellite dish, but is the wiring in the ceiling?

The manual that came with my 3400RL said the wires for the sattlite dish were coiled in the ceiling....it stated where but I'm away from the coach now and would have to look it up.

Forrest Fetherolf

pickuphunt,

I posted this last year when I installed the TracVision 4.............

I have a 3600RL purchased in Aug 06. When I bought the unit, Clovis RV was to install the tracvision 4. After drilling two holes in the roof in the wrong location, I told them to stop. I installed the unit myself and didn't attempt to locate the coax in the roof. When the units are assembled at the factory the coax is coiled up in the roof (somewhere). Good luck drilling a 3/4" hole that is required to feed the wiring to the satellite dish and retrieve the cable at the same time. I drilled a 3/4" hole over the master bedroom cabinets and pulled the wiring. I was able to pull 12 volts and coax through the cabinets from the 12 volt outlet in the tv cabinet. I mounted the satellite control in the blank space between the upper cabinet doors. I used the existing antenna coax to feed the living room tv. All wiring is concealed inside the upper cabinets. With the use of 3 AB switches, I now have the option of park cable, roof satellite, antenna, and/or remote satillite to both tv's at the same time.

Forrest

ChopperBill

Another good spot to run a cable is above the bath room. remove the inset cabinet on the wall where the toilet is. You can get from the roof to the basement and from there you can get to the docking station and the 12v panel.

Scott

If you contact our customer service dept. 574.262.8030, they can provide you with a drawing of where to cut your hole.