Picked up the 2008 Bighorn today

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Well, it was along wait but we got her today!!! We had to wait until the correct wheels and axles came in but I think it will all be worth it. When we ordered the 5er I wanted #7000 axles and G rated tires on it from the factory but it came with #6000 axles and E rated tires. It took six weeks for another rig to come in with the replacement parts on it but it finally got here and they jumped on it and changed them out. We towed it about 25 miles and put it in the storage, which by the way is inside storage. It towed like a dream. I could tell right away the effects of the Trail-Air pinbox, actually the DW noticed it also. We opted for the 3400RE model and believe me it is a blessing not to have to horse the recliners into the center in order to close the slides.
BTW, while I was there I talked to the store owner and mentioned some of the people having problems with service and his response was "Tell them to come here or at least call Tim at 1-405-692-9996 and we will take care of them." He is all about service.... service....service.
So with the options I ordered , the axles and tires, the Air Ride pin box, dual pane windows, second AC, we are set to go. All we have to do is load it and go with it. I think that due to circumstances our shake down trip will be to Canton,TX for Trade Days in November.None None None :D :D ;)

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Congrats on the new rig, know many happy days of travels to come. We also have the TrailAir and been well pleased.....Ken & Kathy

sgtbigb

Contrats!

I recently brought an 08 3400RE also. Had 2nd AC install at dealer. Its a carrier AC. Did your 2nd AC come as a low profile or regular. If regular have you notice any increase in overall height of the Bighorn?:eek:

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
ll a/c

Actually it came with a low profile a/c. I read on this forum that it wouldn't change the height of the rig, but after looking at it I think it's a little taller. I will have to take a measurement and then I'll know for sure.:)