2nd ac in bedroom

KATHYW

I'm looking at buying a 2008 Landmark Augusta. I've found out that the 2nd ac in bedroom is not ducted. I have an ac now in my bedroom and its really loud so we don't sleep with it on. Does anyone know for sure if its ducted or not and if the noise is really loud if its not ducted. Thanks

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
No, the second a/c is not ducted. I don't think I've ever seen one that was. Ours isn't near as noisy as the Carrier that is in our previous rig though. I would think that being Louisiana you would use it even if it is loud, because of the heat and humidity.

gawelsh

The larger 15K BTU air conditioner is ducted thruout our Landmark, including in the bedroom. So on many nights, that may be sufficient. It's only in ungodly hot and humid weather that you'd need the smaller bedroom AC (with or without the other unit). The units are relatively quiet and haven't kept us awake !

Pulltab

Is the AC to loud even on low? What about getting some vents that are closeable and put them in the main coach so you can direct the majority of air to the bedroom? Our vent in the bathroom is a closeable vent but not completely. It probably closes off about 75% of the air.

Cheryl

Our vent in the bathroom is a closeable vent but not completely. It probably closes off about 75% of the air.
Try popping off the cover, put tin foil (doubled over a coupe of times) on the inside of the cover, be sure to poke a few air holes or the bathroom will become unbearably hot.

jpmorgan37

Tab;
My bathroom vent closes completely. I keep it about 90-95% closed and it works well that way.
KATHYW;
As far as the A/C in the bed room, many days we just run it and not the main unit and it keeps the entire coach cool with the air directed through the door to the bedroom. I keep the rear vents throttled way back (about 25% open) to direct more of the air flow out the front. At night I just run the main A/C set on 70 and it does a good job of keeping the bedroom cool. The dump on the main A/C is only about 20% open. When the temps go above 90, we run both A/C's and even at 105+, they maintain 73 to 75 with no problem.

John

jwb187

I put a second ac in my 3055 as I was a little dubious about how the ducted one in the kitchen-living area would cool. I have found out that during the day when you are in the living area that having the bedroom ac on is not only much quieter but unless it is hot (90's) that the bedroom ac will cool the whole coach. At night we close the sliding door and turn on the main unit and it cools the bedroom just fine. Of course it depends on where you live and where you do the majority of your camping whether you need a second ac unit. Being in humid Missouri and camping mostly in Arkansas and farther south it really comes in handy. JWB

KATHYW

2nd ac

Thanks for all the info on ac's. We travel with my husbands job all over the country so we need the 2nd ac and dual pane windows. I just thought on the newer campers the 2 acs would be ducted. But it seems like they don't then I'll live with it like that. Appreciate everyones responses.

Scott

The reason the bedroom is not ducted is because it is a less than 50% option and that extra ducting - if unused - would be a hinderance to cooling the rest of the coach for those who don't have that second A/C. And it's very easy for a dealer to drop in a second A/C if a customer sees a coach they like on the sales lot - but wants that second unit.
ST