Mud flaps and wax

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Just like to know If anyone has put mud flaps on their BH? Also, what kind of wax is best for the fiberglass. Ok pulltab dont say fiberglass wax. What brand? Oh yea pulltab, remember the water leak with the water heater on? Guess what? cant get it to leak now, I give up.:confused:

jpmorgan37

Bob;

I would recommend DRI WASH 'n GUARD. It is very easy to use and really does a nice job on keeping the finish. I use it on the windshield of my TV and Sue's car and it really helps with bugs and rain also. Check with Pat McFall, one of our forum members. Or, do a search on Dri Wash 'n Guard here.

John

Pulltab

Bob&Patty said:
Just like to know If anyone has put mud flaps on their BH? Also, what kind of wax is best for the fiberglass. Ok pulltab dont say fiberglass wax. What brand? Oh yea pulltab, remember the water leak with the water heater on? Guess what? cant get it to leak now, I give up.:confused:

:) lol, I just use a good quality wax from the auto parts store (not that I wax often). Mud flaps are an interesting idea. As for the water leak, you can be sure they don't fix themselves so I would not think it is fixed for good :) . Did you check the fittings on the back of the water heater? One thing about RV's they get a lot of bouncing and maintaining ALL the connections is a regular job. I frequently check all threaded connections under the sind and toilet and shower, especially after making a long haul.

BluegrassMan

Bob & Patty:

I too use Dri wash n' Guard. I've mentioned it in some old posts. Just this week I changed to the "NEW" version of this product. It's called Ultra Ion you can tell by the different color. The original is Seafoam greenish and the Ultra Ion is Lavender. I used it on my HD Fatboy friday, I feel it worked better that the original formula. It's supposed to have + ions and is to repel dust better, I told the wife my bike never looked better. I can't wait to do my GC with it.

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
We use Dri-Wash and Guard too. It is a great product. I met Pat McFall at the HDT Rally in Witicha. I did the front cap on Saturday and it looks terrific.

Christina Seaman
Grand Canyon #4339

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Is the the wax readily available or do you have to order it? I want to do it soon while the coach is still new and the decals are not faded. Pulltab the water leak may have been just water running out, they washed it the morning we picked up the coach. I have turned on the water heater 3 times since and nothing has happened. I will unload the storage compartment and take the cover off and check everything. I also have alot of 3Ms paintable undercoating and was thinking of painting everything that is metal with it to prevent rust. Thanks everybody for your input

Pulltab

Bob, unless you know someone local who sells it (which is unlikely) you will have to order it. It is pretty pricey. We have friends who sell it. Paste wax works fine for me.

jpmorgan37

Bob;
Send a PM or e-mail to Pat McFall and you will probably have it in a few days. I don't think that it is available in stores.

Wax for the RV

I have used ProtectAll for years and I'm very happy with it. It contains carnuba wax so it is a good protector and it's in liquid form so it's easy to apply. You spray on a small ammount and spread it around with a rag. Then you immediately buff the area with a dry cloth. You don't have to wait for it to dry and when it does dry it doesn't leave a powdery haze. That's why detailers love to use it. My friends with motorcycles swear by it. I use it on the RV, my vehicles, new appliances and everything you want to protect. They advertise that washing the rig is 60% easier with ProtectAll and I believe this is true based on my experience. Dirt and bugs just don't stick and they are easier to wash off. Black streaks may require a little elbow grease, but special products for black streaks are not needed.
You can get ProtectAll at Wal Mart in a 16 ounce pump spray or you can order it from Camping World in 1 gallon jugs. I get the gallon, share it with friends and we split the cost. By the way - it goes a long way so the bottle will last a long time.

Forrest Fetherolf

Warren,

I do as you do with the Protect All, in addition I use "The Soultion" dry wash product. http://www.leproducts.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=90 This product is $40 per gallon vs. "Dri Wash N Guard" is about $130 per gallon. http://www.driwash4less.com/#4. I use a windshield sponge with nylon netting to help remove the bugs. The more applications of Protect ALL, the easier the bugs are removed.
I also use Protect All Rubber Roof Cleaner and Rubber Roof Treatment http://www.protectall.com/products.htm#Protect

Forrest