Bed Platform Loose

Cooper

The bed platform started moving on my bed. I found that 3 of the 4 screws holding the platform where screwed in between the frame and the paneling on the platform box not into the frame.
After removing the shocks and the 4 screws I removed the platform.
I found a lot of trash and wood chips and saw dust. I also found that the 2x2 at the head of the bed frame was about to fall off it only had 1 screw and 4 staples holding it up. I repaired this with two 2x2x 6'' 1/2 inch pieces of wood and 2 L brackets on each corner
I also noticed that the wiring running into the wall had no sealant around it. I also looked in both holes and did not see or feel any insulation in the wall.
Under the bed you have a hole in the floor for the hydraulic lines which runs into the basement that was not sealed. May be these places were where some of my cold air was coming from. What concerns me the most is no insulation in the wall?
After repairs the bed frame and sealing the holes I screwed the platform back down making sure to screw into the frame and header board which I just repaired.
This is just an FYI you may need to look at your bed frame.

HappyKayakers

Thanks Cooper. I'm running into the same prob with my BH 3600RL. It just started squeaking this week. Lifted up the dust ruffle and found one corner resting on the floor while the other corner sat comfortably 1.5 inches above the floor. Oh well, guess I needed another project for this weekend.

HappyKayakers

Finished repairs to the bed yesterday. Found the expected trash, although not enough to reduce the weight of the rig substantially. Why don't these guys ever drop a $10 or $20 and leave it for us????

Cooper

I glad you got your bed fixed.
I am thinking about taking my bed platform back off and from the junction box in the middle of the floor under the bed and put an electrical plug in the bed frame toward the front of the coach. The only plug is in the closet.

HappyKayakers

That's interesting about the outlets. We have a 110v outlet on the side of the bed platform facing the rear of the coach that we use all the time. While I had the bed apart, I noticed another outlet on the forward side. We also have one in the closet near the W/D hookups.