Where are all the Heartland 5ers ????????

jjbowl

We left Nebraska 4 weeks ago heading for Vermont and Maine. We are now returning home and have yet to see a Heartland. I was all pumped up and ready to chat with other owners. In fact we are camping tonight at Eby's Pines campgrounds next to Elkhart, IN and still can't spot one. Heading east tomorrow on I-80 with my eyes peeled looking for a fellow Heartland owner. Wish me luck. By the way, the Bighorn performed perfectly on this 5000 mile trip even though I was a little nervous with the 13% downhill grade between vermont and New Hampshire.

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
We just got back from 1 week away into the interior of BC and we saw 2 bighorns on the road going the opposite way to us. They are out there.
Rand

J

jjjelm

We are away from Wyoming since 9/23 to St. David AZ...we saw 2 BHs near here on I-10 last week.

kenhat007

They're out there

There are a couple of BH's here at Fort Amarillo RV Resort. I even saw a Landmark tooling around trying to get a spot this afternoon. The wife & I have seen several since the first of May when we arrived here. Hope you bump into as many nice owners as we have.

HappyKayakers

kenhat007 said:
There are a couple of BH's here at Fort Amarillo RV Resort. I even saw a Landmark tooling around trying to get a spot this afternoon. The wife & I have seen several since the first of May when we arrived here. Hope you bump into as many nice owners as we have.
If I thought it would survive the trip, I'd ask you to mail me a big ol' slice of that chocolate cake from The Big Texan. We brought a few slices home last winter (when we were working at Amarillo RV Ranch) and weighed them. Each 'slice' was 1 lb 9 oz:eek:

Deepsky3539

Hey there jjjelm ... Saw the thread about you being from Jelm. I have been camping at Foxpark for 15 years with my astronomical friends. I have even used the telescope on Jelm several times for the university. My telescopes finally got too heavy for my old back and I bought a Cyclone to wheel them in and out of.

Anyway, just wanted to say Hi and invite you out to come up and look through the scopes some weekend when we are up there.

SmokeyBare

Jim & Jean,

There's plenty of Heartland's Product out there... We're parked at Jone's RV Park near Atlanta Georgia for a couple months. There's a Big Cyclone parked in a storage area of this Park.

We've seen a few Bighorn's while we were in the New England States. We seen several while were in Ohio's Amish Country as well. Keep Looking !

Till our pathes cross... Happy Camping !!

Marv

Heading for Harbortown on Friday

We'll be heading to Monroe, MI, to Harbortown RV this Friday to camp for the weekend. We met another couple from Ohio last month at Harbortown and they told us that they will be there, too, with their 3670.

Princess Kathleen

We are in Two Rivers Wisconsin. Leaving Friday for Mackinaw City MI then meander across Michigan so we arrive in Elkhart on the 12th of November

PK

sislv

Tom & Sharol
Mackinaw City MI

Hi PK......

You will be only about 34 miles north of us at Mackinaw City. How long will you two be in Mackinaw ? We live about 2 1/2 miles from I-75 exit 301 (Wolverine MI) .

We're heading to Arizona for the winter in about two weeks, it's getting too cold here....temperature in the 40's for highs predicted.

We'll be in Paradise MI on Friday and will be coming back through Mackinaw probably late Friday. Where will you be staying ?

Tom & Sharol

Princess Kathleen

We will be in Wilderness State Park...hope to arrive between 5 pm and 6 pm. We will be here until Tuesday am. Unless we decide to stay longer.
Yes it was 3o this morning when we got up this morning..then weather man said there was a possibility for a flake or two....

Drop me an email or call 337-296-0253 to let me know...I will make a apple cuppa...
PK

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Driving through Wilkesboro,N.C. on Hwy 421 when I saw a Landmark headed North towards Boone ,NC. A gray Chevy truck(I think it was a Chevy) was towing it. Made me want to go home, hook up our Landmark and leave home,with our home away from home. Hope whoever it was has a safe trip.

Fordsd250

RE: Where sre the Heartlands?

In Sept we drove 3000 miles to S.D. & Nebraska from Ark. and saw 1 Bighorn and 1 Landmark. The morning after we got home a Bighorn went by the house. We live in the country so this was a surprise. You just never know when or where you will meet a Heartland.:D

Tom of Ypsi

We finally spotted a Heartland Big Horn when we pulled into Shady Pines Campground, Texarkana, Tx. Talked to the owner, Grant, and he had never heard of this site but he does now. He is living in his BH until he finds a house to move into. Told him about this weekends rally but being such short notice and the distance he will probably not be visiting us.
Another BH pulled in last night, saw no one and left this morning. It is raining pretty good so I had no chance to talk to anyone. Texas plates on this one. Maybe heading to the rally.

Princess Kathleen

We will be pulling out Tuesday heading to Morton, IL for the pumpkin chunkin festival. Will have stop overs in Langiston, MI and Elkhart, IN.
We have enjoyed our time in Mackinaw City, MI. Had supper with Tom and Sharol at a local eater...yummy...last night. thanks....
PK

racermom

We caught a glimpse of a BigHorn finally in our area. We were leaving a race in Newport News, VA and there it was on 64 heading towards VA Beach. Hopefully, when we get or 4012, this will help pick up sales in our area ;) :D . It is a shame that we haven't seen more of them.

jcd8822

Joseph
Almost Home

We returned today to the Lone Star state of Texas at 3 p.m. We are spending the night at 5 Star Campground in Tyler, Texas. ($14 a night with Passport America.) It is a nice little park out in the country across from the Tyler Rodeo Arena. We will head towards Houston tomorrow morning and should be home about 2 p.m. We will be 4 days shy of being gone 5 months. The best part of any trip is getting back home. Of course in two or three months I will get the highway itch and be ready to start rolling again. We will leave on Dec 27th for the Rio Grande Valley at the bottom of Texas.

Joseph

jbeletti

Joseph,

Tell me you guys are going to the rally :D

PK,

Sad to say you may meet Ken and Kathy (kakampers) when you're in Elkhart. Reach out to them if you can as they are not happy campers right now. Hugs are in order for sure.

Thanks,

Jim

Tom of Ypsi

Joseph,

Where are you going in the RGV? We will be in Donna at Casa Del Sol maybe for 4 months starting Nov 1.

Hope to see you at the rally and if not staying with us at least stop by and say HI.