Generators and maxair vent covers...

campntn

For a 28BHS, what size generator might I need? I'm good camper, not good with calculating the numbers to run that unit on a gen. Want air/lights/microwave/stove/tv to work. Is all of that possible?
I hear that Honda makes a quiet generator but it's very expensive. Any other brands/sizes you all might recommend?

Maxair vent covers. We have a white one on our Outback. They now have smoke and black colored ones. Do you think it'd be worth it to go with those? Or are white ones ok?
Thanks!
Mark
as soon as we sell, I'm ordering!

bowtorc

We have a Kipor 3500 and love it. It cost about $1150.00 and is as quiet as a Honda, has electric start, runs our air with no problem and runs all night with the air on. It looks identical to a Honda except color. Make sure you get the one with the 30 amp plug.

Roger

fishn2dmax

I've owned and looked at alternatives to the slightly more expensive Honda generators and I have found the Honda's well worth the small extra money, if you value reliability and quiet operation.

After owning various non Honda generators that were very LOUD and not realiable, I bought a Honda 1000EI, then a Honda 3000eI so we could run the A/C and microwave. I found the Honda 3000ei to be a little more heavy than I liked, so we traded and now have 2 Honda 2000ei Generators that when hooked in parallel equall 4000 watts. We found the sweet spot with the Honda 2000ei generators!!! They are very small and light weight and quiet. They seem to run forever on a tank of gas and if I need a little more power for the hot days (using the A/C), I fire up the second 2000ei ( using the honda parallel kit).

I would start off with one Honda eu-2000 ei and then add a second should you need more power. Yamaha also makes some good portable generators than are on par with Honda. You will hear a lot of folks tell you about a number of the chinese honda knock off brands, but in the end, I'lll bet the farm the Honda will out last any of the China knock-off's on the market.

You will love that new Sundance!

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
I have a Yamaha 2400. Heavyer than the Honda 2000 but I think better built. You can hook 2 of them together just like the Honda.
Better quality, usually more $$

snuffy

I've heard yeas and nays about one Honda 2000 running the air cond. but better things about running two in parallel. The Yamaha 2400 is sweet and can be paralleled as well. I have a Yamaha EF2800 that is not quite as quiet as the Hondas or the Yamaha 2400 but definitely not noisey at all and it will run my air fine but I don't use anything else that has a high draw. The Yamaha EF3000iSEB is also good but weighs in over 130 lbs.
Check this site for some good information: http://www.wisesales.com
I got my Yamaha from them and their service is very good as are their prices.