Generator Compartment

kaxel

When we bought our Cyclone it did not have a generator installed so we went to Onan and bought ours directly form them. Before they would install it they claimed that the compartment for the generator was not sufficent to hold/carry the weight of the generator. And they charged us about $500 to make it strong enough to hold the new generator. At the Rally in June, I talked to the factory about it, and they insisted that Onan was wrong and that Heartland did not have any issues related to this. I believe Heartland - but before I go back to the stinkpots at Onan, I wondered if anyone else has been told this when installing a generator in thier Cyclone. Onan is now bidding to sell me a large generator for my business (unrelated to my Cyclone) and I want to have my facts straight before I even hear their dog-and-pony show! None

mufflerman

I also have a 3795 and the supports for gen. (In my opinion ) are NOT sufficient. There are only 3 sheet metal screws holding the platform to the front frame, My dealer replaced the gen. heat shield box and now I have a 2" x 1/4" flat bar (steel) supporting the center of the gen. Problem is its just sitting there. I don't know if the dealer put it there or the factory. I would hate for it to fall out and hit a car behind me. Anyway I would
definitely add more support.

Ray,