Hot Water Heater Leak

kaxel

We are again experiencing a hot water tank leak from under the kitchen sink. Has anyone else had ongoing issue with this?:(

mufflerman

Yes, unfortunatly I found all water connections only hand tight, I believe this is a problem with all heartland units.
Ray,

jimtoo

I think a lot of people have issues with water leaks.... you probably will find a connection loose... just tighten a little is all that it needs.. most likely.

Deepsky3539

Not quite sure what you mean by hot water tank leak from under the sink. Is there hot water running out of the cabinet under the sink? I have a 3795 and there are two small screws holding the panel on blocking your access to the water heater. Take them out and you should be able to see all of the connections.

Pulltab

This isn't just a Heartland issue, the vibrations of traveling will knock a lot of fittings loose and you should make it a habit of tightening all connections you can find at least twice a year. Also be sure to check the connections on the back of the water heater.

nhunter

mufflerman said:
Yes, unfortunatly I found all water connections only hand tight, I believe this is a problem with all heartland units.
Ray,

Mine didn't leak. Guess that would make it some instead of all.

Pulltab

nhunter said:

:) Boy, you shouldn't have said that! :) Now the demons will come haunt you :D Happens to me every time.

mufflerman

nhunter said:

all my connections were hand tight, this doesn't mean they will all leak at the same time, but over time they will leak.
A properly tightened fitting will not leak (even if bouncing down the road) unless it is broken or faulty.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
nhunter said:
I knocked on wood first.;)

I don't believe in those silly superstitions and I haven't had any leaks either. I just will not pick up pennys unless there heads up or walk under ladders ,really don't know why.....Ken

P.S. What kinda wood did ya knock on just in case.:confused:

jbeletti

If he was in his trailer, at least we know it "was" wood and not vinyl wrap :eek:

Darn it anyway - where did I set that rabbit's foot...

Just for the record, we discovered the same leak (under the kitchen sink/hot water heater area), as described in the first post, this weekend. Carpet was soaked. Also, our dual propane valve would not switch to the door side tank for some reason. Had to move the full tank to the other side so we could run heater. Kind'a disappointed... It's funny that all the problems that everyone has described on this forum has happened to us. Hopefully, the factory is taking notes. Anyway, not complaining just letting those that have the cyclone have a head up.

Happy camping.

Help.........we have a leak at the "T" fitting under the fridge and it's spraying pretty good. We tried to tighten it and that didn't work. Does anybody know if we should get it replaced or is there a trick to tightening it?

gardan69

If you can see it, check and see if the "T" fitting is cracked. It is possible to over tighten them and they will crack. I had this happen from the factory and had to tear a wall out to replace it.

davelinde

So this weekend I joined the HWH leaking club. We noticed a puddle in front of the door coming from under the cabinet. I pulled the access panel and before I thought too much I just twisted both of the connections on the back of the tank. One was tight and the other had an 1/8 or 1/4 turn I could do by hand. THEN I cleaned up all the water and began to wonder where it was coming from. I found no leaks (doh I probably fixed it) and the compartment stayed dry all weekend.

BTW - I also found a small circuit board laying on the floor behind the HWH. I'm not sure where it should have mounted... it was just dangling from the wires. I didn't like a circuit board sitting where water could collect so I zip tied it to an electrical line and let it dangle in the air instead.

Shadowchek

I found the circuit board to the water heater duct taped to the water heater styrofoam insulation. I thought that was odd So I mounted it to a stud much better.

Greg

Jimmyt5

A worker at local dealer said most RVs have a board just taped back there and not to be concerend.....But I would keep it out of water .

davelinde

A worker at local dealer said most RVs have a board just taped back there and not to be concerend.....But I would keep it out of water .

Yes, my board had tape on it but had fallen off where ever it had been.
Yes, my primary concern was the possibility of having it sit in a small (or large) puddle of water - even for a short time.