Need Batteries to Operate Landing Gear

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
Can anyone tell me if I need my batteries hooked up to operate my landing jacks, or can I just hook up the truck. The reason I ask, is that I took my 2 (very heavy) 6 volt batteries out for the winter and now I want to move my unit. Hopefully I don't have to lug those 2 monsters out to the storage site.

Doug

billd

Well pump up those muscles, you need your batteries for moving the landing jacks.

Bill

RubiconAg

You can use the manual bypass as well if you don't want to put your batteries back in. There should be an access point on the side of the trailer that your jack motor is on. Typically you have a crank handle to overide the electric motor.

mufflerman

The 12 volts from your truck plug should do the job, I've towed alot of brand new units with no battery,s in them and the jacks work (on most) when I plug in my truck.
Good luck,

nhunter

Just a side note that it would be illegal to tow your trailer without a battery in it as that is what runs your breakaway brakes.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
I just want ot move it far enough to put boards under the tires for the winter. Forgot when putting it away..../Doug