Creamy Broccoli Bake

jrlebaron

2 pkgs (10oz ea) frozen broccoli florets, cooked & drained
1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of mushroom or celery soup
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup Bisquick baking mix
1/4 cup firm margarine

Place broccoli in ungreased 1 1/2 qt casserole. Beat soup & milk until smooth; pour over broccoli. Sprinkle with cheese. Mix Bisquick and margarine until crumbly; sprinkle over cheese. Bake at 400 degrees until crumbs are light brown, about 20 minutes.

(Can use 1 1/2 lbs fresh broccoli, separated into florets, instead of frozen broccoli. Also if you double the recipe, it will take approx. 40 minutes to bake.)

jbeletti

Ah - now I know who made that casserole. It was awesome! Thanks for the recipe. Seemed cheesier than 1/2 C though. Maybe you kicked it up a notch for the rally :)

Thanks Marlene (and Jim).

Jim

jrlebaron

I usually judge on the broccoli and cheese when I make this, which is more than what it calls for. I always make it with the cream of celery soup because Jim doesn't like mushrooms! (It has a different taste with the mushroom soup.) Glad you enjoyed it!

jcd8822

Joseph
This was the BEST broccoli and cheese casserole we have every enjoyed. Thanks for sharing the recipe. We will definitely be making this one in the furture.

Joseph

racermom

Great recipe, not often that I have all ingredients in the house. Made it tonight for dinner with grilled chicken. Yum, it was very good. I love the cream of celery soup alteration. I too am in the same situation, hubby doesn't like mushrooms, even really tiny ones that you can't really taste :confused:

I will keep this one in the book. Thanks for sharing.

jrlebaron

Thank you Joseph. I'm glad you liked it! I usually make this for Thanksgiving. I prepare it the night before, cover it with aluminum foil, put in frig, then bake the next day.

Thank you Stacy. I was glad to see you enjoyed it! It's not that hard to put together, either! I try not to cook the broccoli too much because it has to bake in the oven, but sometimes the broccoli has a mind of it's own!

Marlene