new 3250 ts owner

Just thought I would stop in. We are new to this forum and enjoy the impute. Had it out camping and love it. Unforunately we developed a water leak and could not get a signal on the TV. Oh well these things happen. The dealer said they care of everything.

Take care,

Kent & Karen

Hey guys we are 3250TS owners as well! Glad to hear you like yours. So far knock on wood we have been problem free for 2 months. We have driven from knoxville, Tn to Columbia, SC and last weekend to Athens, Al. I will be getting ready to winterize here real soon. Hopefully you enjoy yours as much as we do since we live 75% of the time in it.

Brad and April

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Welcome to the forum Big Country folks! My wife wants the one with the room in the back so she can make it into a craft room. Have you ever heard of such a silly idea??:p

cd3250

2008 Big Country 3250 TS
We too are new owners and new to the forum. Can't wait to take it out for the week. Where was your water leak?

Just noticed last weekend we developed a water leak under the kitchen sink on the left sink side. I started looking into it and found the plastic rings that tighten the pvc pipe to the sink bottom werent even tight. I tightend them down and it brought the leak to a drip instead of a flow! I need to get some pipe dope or pipe tape to put around the threads and try to retighten here soon.

One thing i did notice is that in 29 degree weather she gets cold fast inside. We have had the fireplace on nonstop to keep the chill off but you can tell sitting on the loveseat or laying in bed that the air comes right through the slides. I told April in real cold weather I think if we sleep with our feet to the outside and head to the center of the room it wont be as noticable. We went to Walmart and bought a ceramic heater since the rv park doesnt charge per usage on elec and I did find out it will pop the breaker to the fireplace when plugged in anywhere in the living area (with the fireplace on that is). We have to plug it in by the kitchen sink or in the bedroom. But hey it sure saves on propane:)

Brad

jbeletti

Hi Brad,

When you are in temps below 32, be sure to run your furnace a bit so you can keep the tanks, lines and pump warm enough to not freeze.

Jim

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Brad. If the leak under your sink is at the big drain basket, be sure the black rubber gasket is under the sink and NOT inside the sink under the strainer lip. Some of us have had the gasket installed from the factory incorrectly. Plumbers putty should be used inside the sink and the black rubber gasket underneath between the flange nut and the sink.

Hello to all. We are new to the camping scene, just bought a BC3300RL. We are o/o with a 2005 Peterbilt, which we will use to pull our rig, until we are able to retire and enjoy traveling for fun!, at which time we will be looking for a F350.
I enjoy and have used this website for a lot of valuable info.
thanks so much
snow birds (wannabe's)

We are new owners of the 3250 TS as well. We have not even taken ownership yet. Probably next month. Too cold up here in MN to camp right now anyway. Really looking forward to the new camper and the good times we are going to have.

Roger & Renae

bobbsides

New Owners 3250 Ts

Hi Everyone,
We take delivery tomorrow, 1-23-09 on our new Big Country...trading in a 24 ft Hornet 5th wheel...love the floor plan.of the 3250 TS..We will be staying approx 2 weeks in the Salt Lake KOA,,,I am finishing up Radiation Treatments here at Huntsman...Dont usually camp in the winter, but am excited about getting in the new baby...Dealer, Motor Sportsland is coming out here to trade over all the stuff...really great to work with...Hope we stay warm...and keep your fingers crossed..no problems...dont really anticipate any...but it will be a good test....love this forum...one of the reasons we went with Heartland...

see ya'll on the road
Bobby & Della Sides
Rox-boston terrier and Munch-the pug

jimtoo

Hi bobbsides,

Welcome to the Heartland Family and Forum. I hope you really enjoy your new Big Country. Here on the forum you will find lots of information and can make lots of friends.

Good luck on your radiation treatments. By the way.. back in 1959-1964, we lived in Rangely, Co and Vernal, Utah. Utah is a beautiful state. Ever hear of John Star Flats? Red Wash?

Jim M

Just to let you know, when we used our Big country for the first time last April we also had leaks coming from under the kitchen sink drains, none of the fittings were tightend where the black ABS connects to the sink and also where the sink strainers connect to the sink,as well, by time I noticed it, the 3" Dia cardboard washers, were mush, as well, they were less than hand tight, I have heard of other Big Countrys with the same problem, the person at the factory, that was doing this job, must of been thinking of something else,