Bumper Design

We will soon be purchasing a 31 BHD. Can anyone advise where you store your hose for the blackwater? We used to store ours in the rear bumper but with the nice design it does not look like it will fit.

Thank You

Karen & Mike

lwfox002

You can get storage tubes that attach under the rig. They are made of PVC, I think 6" in diameter. I want to get one for my Sundance. Or make one if you are handy. That's what I plan to do.

Thanks! That is something I never thought of as I never had to use it. Our old bumper had a cap on the end and the hose stored inside.

jbeletti

The Landmark now includes a black, under-trailer sewer storage tube. I will bet that item could be ordered through your dealer from Heartland Customer Service and could be mounted under pretty much any trailer.

Of course, you can get white ones all day long at Camping World but I thought the black one tended to blend in better. Guess you could always have fun with a can of Krylon Fusion (for plastic) black paint.

Jim

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I used the 6" square fence post covers ,got it at either Lowes or Home Depot. I got two flat end caps, and some aluminum 1" x 1/8" flat stock to make the hangers and self taping screws, while there. I then ordered some Igloo Cooler plastic hinges and latches off the net and pop riveted them on. I think the square tubes look better and the fittings are cheaper....Ken

campntn

The 28BHS on the lot that I looked at had a white one. It stood out really. I had actually thought I'd paint it black or replace it with a black one when ours comes in.
we went in that model. Niiiice. Love the extra room. But, I don't want to tow anymore than I absolutely have to. I may wish later that I had.
It's on the drives side up next to the front.
Mark

ct0218

I still prefer the Sewer Solutions in lieu of that 4" hose. Basically a 5/8" hose and water jet that connects to your sewer outlet, and it doesn't have to have the downhill slope, and it's 25 feet long. I've even pumped sewage 2 foot uphill. No special carrier needed since it coils up easily and takes little room. Hasn't failed to work or clogged up in 5 years of use.

snuffy

ct0218 said:
I still prefer the Sewer Solutions in lieu of that 4" hose. Basically a 5/8" hose and water jet that connects to your sewer outlet, and it doesn't have to have the downhill slope, and it's 25 feet long. I've even pumped sewage 2 foot uphill. No special carrier needed since it coils up easily and takes little room. Hasn't failed to work or clogged up in 5 years of use.

I have a Sewer Solution that I use to dump with at home, but on the road I prefer the larger hose for a quick dump.

ct0218

True, it would not be advisable to use it at a dump station, especially on a busy weekend. Where you have hookups though it works great. I do carry a 4" hose just for those rare occasions.

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Just remove the standard storage unit that comes with the camper. It only holds a real small, impracticle length hose. Replace the end with a 5 inch flex hose. I made my so it will hold a 30 plus long hose with all the fittings (clear 45 still attached). Reinstall the modified unit back in the same stock place. Looks like stock, but functions as it should.

M

Mcreech

All North Trails that have the molded bumper will have a PVC pipe located at the front, off door side, attached to the frame of the unit..