Looking for decent 30 amp surge protector

firstone

Didn't realize after spending all this money on the new North Trail I would need all these expensive extras. Bad move on my part. You would think surge protection would be built in, learned something new again.

Looking for 30 amp surge and reverse polarity check if you have one that works well and have upgraded. Let me know what you need for it and a pic if you could. IM's are fine and preferd

Thanks and safe travels.

TXTiger

There are two main types of surge protectors and two main manufactures. The two types are 1. hard wired into your RV or 2. one that goes inline between the pedistal and your power cord. The two manufactures are 1. Progressive and 2. Surge Guard. You will get a lot of opinion on both type and manufacturer on this forum. Hard wired is nice and convenient but there is an additional cost for the install unless you can do it yourself and know what you are doing. You can also get a display monitor inside your unit with the hard wired. Inline units are portable if you sell your unit, but you have to go outside to look at the display. I have a Surge Guard inline unit that works great. Once I hook up my power cord and the surge protecter goes thru its initial startup I only check the display a few times when I am outside for peace of mind. If there is ever a problem the surge guard does its job automatically. Also be sure to get a surge guard that not only protects you from a surge of power but one that checks for reverse polarity, bad ground, low voltage etc.

ncc1701e

Didn't realize after spending all this money on the new North Trail I would need all these expensive extras. Bad move on my part. You would think surge protection would be built in, learned something new again.

Looking for 30 amp surge and reverse polarity check if you have one that works well and have upgraded. Let me know what you need for it and a pic if you could. IM's are fine and preferd

Thanks and safe travels.

I have a brand new one of these that I bought a couple weeks before trading trailers. I had a new on-board 50amp unit build in the new trailer. So if you are interested contact me at ncc1701e@connectgradd.net and we will discuss it. The only issue might be how fast you want the unit. I'm in SC for the winter returing home mid April. Yes, you quessed it. The surge protector is in KY on my garage shelf.

Tom

firstone

Thanks for the info.

There are two main types of surge protectors and two main manufactures. The two types are 1. hard wired into your RV or 2. one that goes inline between the pedistal and your power cord. The two manufactures are 1. Progressive and 2. Surge Guard. You will get a lot of opinion on both type and manufacturer on this forum. Hard wired is nice and convenient but there is an additional cost for the install unless you can do it yourself and know what you are doing. You can also get a display monitor inside your unit with the hard wired. Inline units are portable if you sell your unit, but you have to go outside to look at the display. I have a Surge Guard inline unit that works great. Once I hook up my power cord and the surge protecter goes thru its initial startup I only check the display a few times when I am outside for peace of mind. If there is ever a problem the surge guard does its job automatically. Also be sure to get a surge guard that not only protects you from a surge of power but one that checks for reverse polarity, bad ground, low voltage etc.